don't leave ; xiao

THE SOFT WINDS OF LIYUE blew gently against the grass and flowers, making the plants ruffle softly in the wind

there you sat, as elegant as you could be with your soft (h/l) hair blowing up in the wind and the bright yellow sun reflecting off of your (h/c) hair.

you looked up at the sky to watch the birds beautiful glide over the bright orange skies of liyue.

"i see you're here again." a familiar voice said from behind you.

a soft smile immediately rose up to your lips at the sound.

"yet you still come visit everyday.." you chuckled softly at him.

you heard the soft crunching of the tiny pebbles underneath his foot as he stepped closer to you and lowered himself beside you.

"so— how was today? did you train with ganyu?" you asked the boy in an attempt to strike up a conversation.

the boy stayed silent, his hand gripping tightly on his pants as he stared straight up to the sky still not saying a word.

"xiao.." you sighed softly, turning your head to him and placing your hand on his shoulder.

"how can you.. act like everything's okay..? like nothing happened..?" he let out a stifled cry, leaning his head against your shoulder.

you pursed your lips together, swallowing the lump in your throat.

"don't say that, i'm still here aren't i?" you let out a sad chuckle.

"that's the thing, y/n!" xiao lifted his head up abruptly, looking into your (e/c) orbs with tears rolling down his face.

your eyes widened at his vulnerable state, something he rarely showed even if you were his significant other.

"everyone misses you.. i miss you... but.. we can't keep going like this.." xiao let out a pained yelp, dropping his head to the ground.

"w-what do you mean, xiao? i'm right here!" you stuttered out, confused by what he meant.

"y/n.. you know you're not here.. you're dead." xiao sniffled, looking up at you as your heart dropped.

that's right.

you looked down, a shadow covering your eyes. a single tear rolling down your cheek as a small smile perked up.

"yeah.. i'm sorry xiao.. i'm sorry..." you chuckled softly, raising your head to look at xiao who was still crying.
yes
"y/n.. i don't want you to leave.. why did you have to leave me..?" xiao cried painfully which broke your heart, you didn't want to see him like this any longer.

"don't cry.. it's gonna be okay.. you're strong." you smiled, bringing your hand up to wipe his tears away but they kept coming.

"i love you.. i love you so much.." xiao cried, bringing his hand over your's.

you couldn't take it anymore. your tears started to fall with xiao's, both of you two sitting there and crying in each other's arms.

"i love you too, xiao. i love you so so much, i was the luckiest person alive." you cried with a smile on your face.

"i don't wanna let go.. but..." xiao choked out.

you shook your head softly at the boy.

"it's gonna be okay, i'm always gonna be here with you, okay?" you told the boy softly.

"i.. i.." he stuttered.

your time was going to be up soon.

"it's almost time.. i'm sorry xiao.. i love you so much, please.. let me go."

GASP

xiao shot up from the bed, his breath staggered and sweat dripping down his forehead. his eyes were wide as he looked around frantically for you, trying to find you.

"y/n.. y/n.." he breathed out to himself as he lifted the sheets, revealing you cozily snuggled up with your pillow beside him as he felt his heart start to come down.

"xiao...?" you hummed out softly, rubbing your eyes.

you opened your eyes to see your boyfriend above you with a frantic expression on his face as you immediately shot up.

"xiao? what's wrong? did something happen?" you asked worriedly.

you felt a pair of arms wrap around you tightly as he stuffed his face in the crook of your neck, taking in your sweet and calming scent.

"you're.. you're here.." he mumbled softly into your neck, sending vibrations throughout your body.

"of course i'm here silly, i'm always gonna be with you." you chuckled quietly, running your hands through his soft locks.

"let's go back to sleep?"

".. yeah.. let's go back to sleep.."

"..."

"c-can.. we cuddle?"

"of course, xiao."

747 words

this was just gonna be a sad ending angst BUT I LOVE XIAO WAY TOO MUCH I COULDN'T BRING MYSELF MAKE THIS SAD 😭