Plans of the Past

(Margaret's house)
* note that the windows have curtains but should be boarded behind them. Houses are spaced out. Three stories, not including the basement. *

We were doing it again.
Procrastinating.
This was the third time since we started that Cyrus and I sat down and did nothing.
Nothing but stare at a piece of paper.
Although this paper had a layout of the house and list of ideas to escape.
At first our ideas were sensible and well thought out, but we got desperate.
Words crossed out, papers crumbled and two now we are frazzled lovers laid out on the bed.
I held the paper above my head, trying a different perspective.

"Get knives and cut our way out." He said for the second time.
"We're too high up. We could break our ankles then barely be able to run away. She will never let us get a hold of knives, and it would take months to get out. She would notice before we put a dent in the wall. "
I thought of another idea.
Force.
"We could overpower her." I said already knowing it wouldn't work. But I waited for his reply.

"I think that would be a great idea, if she didn't have a gun." He was right, the gun she had stopped almost every idea we had.
Everything was quiet, but it was comfortable.
Nowadays we had lots of these moments, just where we thought. Something was holding us back.
The atmosphere, the house, our entire kidnapping.
We couldn't live and love with everything until we were free.
It made sense until it didn't.
I was scared.
What if I really didn't love him as much as I thought I did?
What if once we were free, he wouldn't see me the same?
He would see all the other girls and just see me as average.
The attraction between us was just in the heat of the moment and there was no spark.
Let's face it, the only female he's ever seen was Margret, until I came along. Then we had sex in what, like a month and a half of meeting each another. It happened too fast, and everything has me questioning my true feelings.
I don't think I can handle to lose another person.

"We have to get rid of her gun, or at least wait until she doesn't have it."

"That's seems like the only way we could ever make it out of here. Get the gun and we get freedom."

Another long pause, the television downstairs was making a static buzz. Every so often you could here Margret cough or moan. What was she doing?
I didn't care now.

"Cyrus?"

I wanted to ask him how much he loved me? But I felt awkward. Were just two people trapped together with a strong attraction, that's it. Adding love makes everything that more difficult.

"Yeah." He yawned.

"Cyrus how did you get to be so smart?"

"Well Margret taught me till I turned 14. At 14 she said 'I was a man and had to learn man things from a man.'
Took me up into her attic and she had this man all tied up. It was crazy and he was a mess. A cursing and scratching mess.
Margret told him to teach me about being a man. I didn't learn much because within two months Margret stopped our little sessions. He taught me my manners, about the human body, and God. Although he was crazy he was really smart. He's some type of scientist, I forget what though. I kinda miss him, he was awfully funny too. Told me I looked like a girl because I had long hair."

"You had long hair? How long?" I laughed.

"Pretty long, just about to my shoulders. In our last session he cut it all off, so I was almost bald. I think it's called a Buzz cut. I have no clue were he got the razor and scissors, just had them I guess. Anyways Margret was PISSED. I could hear her screaming from in here. I think that's why she stopped our sessions. I'm not even sure if he's still alive."

His eyes hazed over, and for a second I thought I saw a tear trail down. Seeing him like this made me break. The only thing that truly mattered to me was him, even if he didn't love me as much as I thought. Seeing him so sad was killing me.
I want more than the best for him. I know that once we escape I can give it all to him.

"Cyrus can I tell you something?"

"Yes."

"I promise to get you out of here, no matter what it takes."

He was silent, for the rest of the rest of that night. But in the middle of the night, he pulled me over to lay on his chest. Then he whispered "I love you" and kissed my head.
Cyrus you sure are something else.

+++++++
++++
+++++++

Cyrus's Pov
I couldn't sleep tonight, hearing her promise that made something in me shake. The only thing I wanted was to escape this place and she promised it to me. In that moment every feeling of love I had for her doubled more than tripled. I wanted her in that very second, but stopped myself because Margret was sleeping. And once Margret goes to sleep, its best for your health to not wake her up.

+++++
A tree racked outside our boarded up window. The screams of a man woke Kiera from her sleep.
"Kiera let's do it now. Let's escape tonight."

"How though?"

"I have a plan."

+++++++++++
Cliffhanger
What's his plan?