Truth in the Foot?

Oh My

I fell down on my bottom, taken back by the frightening voice. What was next? A killer dog. This is too much for me. There was a surprise at every corner and I couldn't handle it.

First being kidnapped.
Second being kidnapped with a hot ass boy.
Third Margret's episode.
And now some man in the attic.
This was getting crazy and I was going to lose it.

"H help..me......pl..please." The voice sputtered. My heart breaking at their sounding of desperation. How could Margret do this to someone?
But a more horrifying question entered my mind.

Would this happened to Cyrus and I when we grew older and our youthful resemblance to her children disappeared?

I shook in absolute fear, I needed hope. Soon enough I will leave this place and we will be safe. Cryus and I would make it out of here, he needed to see that there was more out there than this house. Than Margret.

Gathering all of my grit, I finally got the nerve to speak.

"Who are you?" I dared to question. My heartbeat quickened and my body became heated with anxiety.

"R..Rod..ger Ca..Cartins. I'm her Husband."

I was shocked. She kept her husband in her attic barely surviving. How could a person do such a thing? There had to be more.
There was so much I didn't know. So much more to their story but would I even want to know.

"What?" I asked barely above a whisper.

"She kept me here after she killed our children."

I walked closer and saw him.
His red hair losing color, wrinkling peach face slowly dying.
He was fighting, for his life and for his dead children, to escape but the chain connected to his neck was holding him back. Just by looking at him imprisoned, I knew he would be the one to help us escape.

Somehow, hidden in this attic was our means of escape.
And I was going to find it.

•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+

I know you must hate me.

But...I went on a trip and couldn't update.

Vote
Comment
Follow

Sry y'all, short chapter but very meaningful.

Please forgive me and wish me luck.
Tennis tryouts coming really soon.