Who are you?

Chapter one

Kiera's POV

I woke up. My eyes held shut in fear. I couldn't open my eyes. I would than have to face the evil haunting me. So I cried. Wet tears covered my face.

I felt a warm hand wipe away the stains my tears were making on my face. I shook in fear keeping my eyes shut. I refused to look.

"It's okay. You're not alone in this."
The words were deep and touched me. They were something I needed. I released a soft sob. It wasn't the same raspy voice of Margret. This voice was masculine and deep.
I opened my eyes and and the person who had talked to me, sat down and pulled me in for a hug before I got a good look. I felt no sexual intentions, in their doing. So I melted into the hug. Just by hugging, I could tell he had hard abs, but he was warm and comforting. I didn't look at the person, I was still in fear. The man smelled sweet and sugary, like cherries.

"Don't cry." He spoke softly. His voice was calming.
I looked up at him. I was shocked.
He was drop dead gorgeous. He had golden blonde hair, light blue eyes and a scar on his lower chin. Although his whole demeanor looked depressed as if he had no hope left in the world.

"W-what h-happened?" I studdered.
I heard him sigh.

"Well, you have been kidnapped. Not by me. But by Margret. I was also kidnapped, at seven years old."

"I'm sorry." I felt bad he must have been here for a long time.

"I'm sorry, too"

"How long have you been here?" I asked. I need to know more about him.

"I've been here for ten years. I'm seventeen now."

I gasped, it was longer than I expected by far.

"Yeah, I know it's a really long time. I've tried to escape, but she has a gun. I can't really find a way out." He let go of me and sighed again. "It's not that bad she feeds us great food. We are allowed to go anywhere upstairs, since there's a lock on the door leading to the downstairs. By ten o'clock we must be in bed. We have to share this room. But I can stay on the floor."

I nodded again, looking around at the room. It was rather large with a country feel to it. The walls and the floor were made of wood.The bed I was on had a beige quilt and it was very soft, like cotton. There was a table and two rocking chairs on one side facing an old dusty TV.
I turned my gaze toward a blue clock. It read 4:46. My stomach grumbled and I knew the he heard.

I looked up at him and he was smiling.

"I think someone is hungry. Dinner will be done by 5, but I have a snack somewhere." He jumped off the bed and out the door. I was alone to my thoughts once again. I wondered if I would be here for as long as the boy was.
I frowned at the thought. I had nothing to go back to, but still I could miss my freedom. I remembered that he said the old lady has a gun. I was even more afraid now. She could force us to do whatever she wanted.

"I got you an apple!" He burst into the room with a smile that stretched from ear to ear. I knew he was happy to have someone whom he wasn't afraid of. Like he said the old lady had a gun, he was probably living in fear.

"Thank you. Oh and I never did catch your name."

"My name is Cyrus Preston. And yours."

"My name is Kiera Micheals."
I walked over to him and shook his hand. As I did I got a really good look at him. His jawline was chiseled and strong. He looked like a young man. He was atleast 6 foot 3, very tall compared to my short self. But I was surprised to see that he was muscular. He wore loose fitting jeans and a white t-shirt that clung to his chest, showing off his tight abs. He's been here for ten years how is he so healthy? But that will be a question I save for later.