Chapter 28 - Why Isn't She Blue?

Glancing over at Chris, I could tell he was tense from all of this new information. I admit, it didn't set well with me either. I mean, how exactly were we going to get out of this? It's not as if "owning" a genie was on the to-do list anyhow. Besides, it was a bit disappointing - I was expecting a blue Robin Williams and all we got was...some girl. Well, at least Phoebe was the one dealing with being the master of all this.

"Why isn't she blue?" I said to myself dejectedly.

"Where is Piper?"

Chris' question hung in the air, snapping me from my thoughts as I glanced around me.

"On a date," Leo answered him, towering over the two of us still sitting on the white sofa in the conservatory.

"On a date in the middle of the day?"

"Yeah, Greg works nights," Phoebe supplied

Chris was silent for a moment, repeating the name to himself before a light-bulb went off, "Greg, the fireman? You mean the one she's insanely attracted to? Doesn't that bother you?"

This last question was directed towards Leo but he didn't look happy at the implications of Chris' words, "No. If it's makes her happy, that's all that matters,"

"Oh, come on!" Chris complained, standing up from the sofa, "What about all this forbidden lovers, you and me against the world stuff? That just doesn't go away,"

"You know, Chris, it's a little late for male bonding. Especially since I'm petitioning the other Elders to send you back to your time,"

"What?" I asked, a dumbfounded expression plastered to my face as I stood up to join the group.

Phoebe gaped, "Wait, are you serious?"

Jinny AKA Phoebe's genie glanced over at her in concern, "You look tense, master. Neck rub?"

Phoebe waved her off as Leo responded, "Even though Chris's intentions are good, his methods have put us all at risk. So, he's going back,"

"You mean abandoning me again..." Chris muttered under his breath.

None of the others seemed to hear it...but I did. Stepping closer to my boyfriend, I gently rubbed his back in a bid to comfort him.

Leo, however, took no notice of this and went on, "Look, you did your job, you warned us about an evil that was after Wyatt. I think we can handle it from here."

With that, Leo orbed out of the manor, leaving us all to ponder his words.

"I've gotta stop him," Chris said abruptly.

"Don't worry, I'll talk to Leo," Phoebe assured her nephew.

"No, no, not Leo. Greg, the fireman. He's about to end up with my mom!"

Chris tried to orb out then just as she shouted after him, "I really wish you wouldn't do that!"

Unfortunately, she seemed to forget that it wasn't just the three of us in the room. I eyed my boyfriend who had immediately orbed back into the manor at Phoebe's command. Because apparently, Jinny took her job very seriously.

Before we could discuss that new information, we heard the front door shut closed and Paige's voice drifted out to us just as she appeared in the doorway.

"Alright, where's the Genie? Oh my gosh, you landed one!"

I laughed out loud at Paige's words as her older sister admonished her, "She's a Genie, not a trout,"

"You still have two wishes, master," Jinny reminded her patiently, "I suggest you save one for Bosk,"

"I told you, no wishes. We're gonna do this our way,"

"But you cannot handle him. Nobody can. He has a flying carpet and an army of forty thieves,"

"I knew that guy was Aladdin..." I mumbled under my breath to which Chris nudged my shoulder with his own, sending me a tiny grin.

I rolled my eyes, a smile breaking out on my own face as walked over to join the others in the living room.

"Thirty-eight. I vanquished two," Phoebe pointed out.

"Let me guess. He wanted a crew and a nice ride. Original for a demon's wish, yeah?" Paige asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Yes. And if Bosk gets me back, he will force me to grant his third wish," Jinny told us.

"What's his third wish?" I couldn't help but ask.

Suddenly, a set of large drop diamond earrings appeared on Paige's ears.

My eyes widened, "Wow."

Phoebe shot a look to Jinny, "Did you do that?"

"No, but they are lovely. Who conjured them for you?"

Paige rolled her eyes, "My boyfriend, Richard. He's been showering me with gifts all week,"

"I thought you were gonna talk to him about binding his powers?" Phoebe asked.

"I have but every time I bring it up I just get another present. Luxury problem I know, but still,"

"Yeah, not good. Back to the demon. Uh, what was his third wish?"

The genie looked skeptical about answering that and when finally did answer, it was in a low whisper, "Zanbar."

Phoebe mouthed the words while I sighed, "Was really hoping she'd say Agrabah."

"What's Zanbar?" Paige questioned her.

"The lost city. Being swallowed up by the desert, it was the seat of power for an evil empire," Jinny recounted to us.

All of a sudden, Chris appeared in the doorway, now clad in his signature leather jacket that I must say made him look drop dead gorgeous. Surely I wasn't the only one who noticed? Granted I was in a room full of his aunts and one genie who possibly had no inclination to attraction for humans but I mean, come on.

"Phoebe?" Will you do something, please? I can't orb," Chris was saying to his aunt.

Just then, yet another item of jewelry materialized on Paige's body.

"You know, Paige, if he won't listen to you, maybe he'll listen to his family," I suggested helpfully.

"Most of them are dead. Remember, the feud?" she reminded me and I nodded.

"Please, we do not have time for this. If Bosk captures me, Zanbar will rise again from the dust!" Jinny pleaded with us.

"It's just a city," I muttered.

"A city of magic. Bosk has been using his thieves to search for his former site. If he finds it and wishes it back, there will be no stopping him. That is why you must wish me free, master. If I am not a Genie, it will solve your problems and mine. I beg you,"

"Hey, a little help here, please?" Chris fumed, clearly still aggravated from the "no orbing" thing.

Paige's clothes melted then into that of a slinky black evening dress.

"Ooh, now that's nice right there!" I admitted, feeling a bit jealous.

Maybe I should drag Chris along to go shopping with me after this.

"Okay, I'm losing my mind. Uh, Paige, go to Richard, deal with it so you can help us," Phoebe ordered her sister to which she nodded and walked off before she turned back to her nephew, "You, I will help you get your parents back together but it has to be on my terms. Agreed?"

Chris nodded, "Agreed,"

"Go get Piper, we could use her help. Uh, I wish that he could orb," she said before making a wish.

Jinny put her hands together then and blinked once.

"Back in business." Chris muttered under his breath before grabbing my hand.

In seconds, Chris and I had orbed out of the manor. And hopefully not into more craziness.