Chapter 1 - I Think Paige is Stoned

A shriek erupted from my mouth as I hit the floor hard, shards of shattered glass raining down on me from a broken vase that a troll just knocked off the table.

"Geez, Halliwells, what mess have you gotten into today?" I grumbled as I picked myself up off the floor, brushing off my blue suede blazer as I did.

With a roll of my eyes and an expert flick of my wrist, I sent the shards to the opposite corner of the room. I couldn't help but let a tiny smirk tug at my lips. Sometimes I truly loved having powers.

My mother had been a very powerful witch from Mexico, the brightest of her age. She also possessed the Sight - something I had also inherited and now shared in common with the middle Halliwell sister, Phoebe. It didn't take long to become attached to them and vice versa. So now it was commonplace for me to just pop in for visits whenever I wanted - or whenever they needed my help. Which let's be honest, they were the Charmed Ones - meaning they got into scrapes pretty much every other week. Or more.

Although, to be fair, I had been Leo's charge in the beginning - one they had to babysit when he was called away by the Elders as per usual. It's how we met actually. But it happened to be more than they bargained for when demons tried to kidnap me. I'd almost died in the process but they'd chosen to rescue me. And somehow, we'd just stuck together after that - the girls having taken me in as family, more or less. And not just because they had later discovered I was half-demon and felt the need to keep an eye on me. Although, being honest, I assume that was part of the reason - at least in the beginning anyway.

Suddenly, a very disgruntled-looking leprechaun walked by me, effectively shaking me from my reverie as he muttered something to himself angrily right before a crash sounded from upstairs.

The attic.

I sighed to myself, shaking my head. Of course, I should've known. It always started up there. Not giving myself time to ponder on how many magical beings had actually gathered in the house, I took the stairs two at a time before bursting into the stuffy, old attic. What I saw startled me more than anything had in a long while though.

Standing in the middle of the room was a ginger-haired woman, dressed in Roman garb right down to the sandals on her feet. My eyebrows hit my hairline as the two youngest Halliwells came into view, tossing vials of potions at her. But instead of flinching, the woman's eyes glowed white just as Phoebe threw another vial. I took a step forward then to try to help but my Converse-clad foot stepped on a creaky board, making the woman's head snap to me.

Before I could react, with a wave of her hand, she sent me flying through the air. A shriek erupted from my mouth as I hit a cardboard box on the other side of the room. I struggled to get to my feet then when suddenly, a swirl of blue and white orbs took shape in the air before me. With wide eyes, I saw a figure form from the orbs - a boy.

"Don't look into her eyes!" he commanded and for some reason, I obeyed.

Quickly, he tossed a few potions at her but she didn't even flinch. The scowl that had been on her face deepened as she stared at the boy before finally, she disappeared in a cyclone of of light. The guy's head turned to me then and he held out a hand to help me to my feet which I graciously took. Standing up too quickly, I was face-to-face with the mystery man who'd saved my life.

"Are you alright?" he asked but before I could answer, Phoebe made a surprised noise behind us.

Glancing around, I let go of his hand as my eyes went wide as saucers. Surrounded by a puff of white fog was Paige. That is - a stone version of her anyway.

Phoebe stepped up to her, hesitantly knocking on the stone with her fist. No way - this could not be happening right now.

How in the world were we going to fix this?