Chapter 31 - I Can't Leave Him

Note: So sorry for the lateness in updating, guys! February has been insanely busy for me although it's been only a little less than 2 weeks into it LOL But yeah,I hope you like this chapter ^_^

I arched an eyebrow at Leo and Piper's sleeping figures on the couch, not being able to stop myself from shaking my head at the current predicament we'd found ourselves in.

Somehow, I don't think this was exactly what Chris had had in mind. And yet - here we were, Chris' parents passed out on the couch, Phoebe still stuck as a genie while I was now being held hostage by the former genie.

The heat from her fireball warmed my skin in a higher degree than was comfortable as I wriggled in her grasp. Bad idea - it only made her iron grip even tighter.

It wasn't until I heard the front door open that I knew I was saved. Or at least, I hoped I was as Chris stepped into the doorway of the living room. His green eyes widened in surprise to see Jinny smirking at him from across the room with me on my knees beside her, her free hand clutching the back of my shirt.

"Take me to the bottle." she demanded fiercely, glaring daggers at my boyfriend.

With a silent nod that I knew very well was more dangerous than any words he could speak, Chris orbed us out of the Manor and into the house Paige shared with her own boyfriend.

"What are you doing here?" Phoebe asked as soon as the orbs melted away from our bodies, leaving us standing in the middle of the parlor.

But before anyone could react, Jinny heaved a fireball at three of them. Richard and the Halliwells hit the floor as I lunged for Jinny. But it was no use, I wasn't fast enough. Quickly, she sent me flying across the room, my back hitting a door before I went down. It successfully knocked the air right of my lungs, leaving me gasping as Chris came soaring after me in a similar fashion.

Jinny stalked over to the hot pink bottle then, "Genie, I wish the Charmed Ones and their ward dead."

Rolling my head to the side, Chris' agonized cry was the last thing I heard before it all went dark.

Funny. People always say "it all went dark". As if light is correspondent with life somehow, as if there's just nothingness after that.

It's not true.

No, for me, it felt different. Everything was bright, I felt like I was floating. I could see things, people I hadn't seen in...in forever. They were there ahead of me - waiting, beckoning me to follow.

And then I was...I was back? No, not quite. I was still floating, I felt ethereal somehow. And Chris...Chris was there, too! As I watched from above, his eyes so pained as he gazed down at my lifeless body, it felt like a knife slicing straight through my heart.

"No. You can't be dead yet. It's not your time. I know it's not your time," he said softly, his voice cracking as choked on the last words, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, this is all my fault."

I think I knew it then - that I had to go back. I could see the warm smile of my mother, her dark eyes bright as she beckoned to me. But I couldn't - not yet. Like Chris said, it wasn't my time. The truth was - he still needed me. And I still needed him.

I guess family can always find family because somehow, even on that Other Side, Paige, Phoebe and I found each other. Together, with Chris' help of course, we managed to defeat Jinny once and for all before being brought back to life once more.

It was a happily ever after for us for today at least.

My fingers were intertwined with Chris' as he gazed down at the sleeping forms of his parents. I squeezed his hand tightly, to reassure him that I was there for him - always.

"Think she can scare me," Paige muttered under her breath as she strode into the living room where the three of us were still waiting, "They're still asleep? Have you tried smelling salts?"

Chris only shook his head in response, "It won't work, trust me,"

"What's wrong with them?"

"It's a long story,"

Paige sighed, shrugging, "I don't know, why don't you give me the Cliff Notes version? Come on, Chris. You and Leo and Phoebe and Mattie have all been acting weird since before the demon attacked. What is going on?"

"She does have a right to know, Chris," I pointed out, shrugging my own shoulders in response to her questions.

Paige mouthed a 'thank you' at me as Chris finally caved, "Alright, I made a little wish,"

"You did what?"

"Two little wishes,"

"Oh, great. It's not bad enough I have to worry about Richard, now I have to worry about you too. What did you wish for?"

"For Leo to forgive me, which by the way was an accident,"

"And?"

"For Piper and Leo to get together,"

Paige gaped at him, understanding dawning on her face, "You! Oh my gosh, you are sick! What is wrong with you? You're disgusting!"

I couldn't help but start to giggle as Paige advanced on him, Chris repeating "no, no, no!" over and over as she did.

"You are just some creep from the future! Oh my gosh, you are so gross-"

"I'm Piper and Leo's son!"

"What?"

My laughing subsided as a smile split my face at his revelation.

"They're my parents. I came back to save my family,"

Paige looked incredulous, "You're serious,"

"Yeah. Only now I've gotta save myself. Because if my mom doesn't get pregnant in the next month, there is no me," Chris pointed out to her.

I frowned, knowing it was the truth. And not even daring to admit to myself just how much that would hurt me if Piper's pregnancy not coming to pass.

"This is all so wrong. And this has been such a long day," Paige breathed out, completely stunned as she fell into a seat on the other sofa.

"Look," Chris started, squatting down beside her, "I'm gonna orb over to Richard's, okay? And grab the bottle,"

"No, you can't. He's, uh, he's crazy right now, he might hurt you, okay? I need to strip him of his powers. It's a whole thing,"

"Well, how's that gonna help?" I asked, my frown deepening.

Paige glanced up at me, "Well, he's been corrupted by magic and if I don't strip him of his powers, I might not be able to save him. Who else knows about this?"

"About me? Just Phoebe and Mattie,"

"Alright, you two watch Jinny, I'm gonna go make this potion, okay?"

Chris nodded, "Okay."

A tired sigh escaped my mouth as Chris stood up and walked to where I was. Within seconds, he had wrapped his arms around me, my head resting on his chest. Nuzzling my cheek against the soft cotton of his shirt, I felt safe for the first time today.

"Think we can manage this?" I asked softly, glancing up at him as he brushed strands of black hair from my face.

"As long as we're together? Always."

With that, his lips connected to mine, reassuring me totally and completely.