Chapter 24 - Who's Your Daddy?

Once the girls and I had arrived at the scene, though, it seemed as if we'd be needing more help than they had anticipated. For standing in a circle holding Wyatt up in the air above a stone altar were the robed demons we'd seen earlier - the Order. And they were chanting - I'd learned that was never a good sign for demons.

"Behold. He has returned to us. To his rightful place-" the demons were saying when we appeared behind them, "-who one day will lead us back to..."

But they never got to finish that sentence when we immediately began to attack. Piper moved her hands to blow them up and with my own, I sent several flying across the altar. Once we'd cleared a path, Piper strode over to her son - only to be knocked back by his force-field.

"He protects me now, not you." the head demon sneered down at her.

"Not for long. Because we will get him back!" I shot back angrily, my blood boiling.

We couldn't lose Wyatt - not now. I couldn't even count all the times I had babysat that kid, rocked him to sleep at night when he had colic or played with him at the park. Wyatt was family, just as much as the rest of them were. I wouldn't lose him without a fight.

The demon's eyes snapped to me then, my gaze locking with his as I stood next to the Halliwells.

"Ah, but you aren't a Halliwell - are you? No, you're something different entirely, little witch. Or should I say demon? That is your other half from which you hail, is it not?" he taunted, a menacing smile alighting his twisted features.

I felt my palm begin to heat up, my blood tingling underneath my skin. Just the mere mention of my demonic side seemed to make it want to surface again. Biting my lip hard, I tried to push it back, to keep it at bay.

"And what a proud demonic lineage you descend from, child. My, your father was legendary among our kind," he went on and I felt a chill run down my spine.

I would like to say I didn't fall for it, that his words meant nothing to me. But ever since...ever since these powers had developed inside of me, ever since my life had turned so topsy-turvy...I couldn't help but admit I had been wondering who he was. Not to mention just what he'd contributed to my genetic makeup. I guess all children with abandonment issues gets that feeling one day or another. Looks like mine was here.

I suppose then that no one was very surprised when the next words left my lips, "You...you know who my father is?"

This time, he was the one to fall silent as his eyes held mine. Almost as if he were searching my face for some sign that I really was this mysterious demon's child. And evidently, he must've found what he was looking for there in my determination, my intensity, because as he replied, my whole world fell apart at the seams.

"Child, didn't you know that Cole Turner was your father?"

Note: So...who's shocked at this turn of events? ^_^