Chapter 36 - Spider-Man and Morticia

Note: Sorry for the shortness of this chapter, guys - don't worry, though, the next will be not only drama-filled but very lengthy LOL Hope you like it!

Apparently, the answer to that question would be a resounding 'no'.

Which was not exactly the news I wanted to hear.

The spider woman who scratched Chris was evidently a type of demon that only comes out every hundred years or so...to feed off the most powerful and magical creature it can find. Unluckily, that "most magical creature" had to be my boyfriend.

What was even more worrisome than that, though, was the changes I could see in Chris. And I'm not talking emotional changes but physical. For example, his hands had begun to stick to anything he touched. Or the even more glaring fact that he had eaten a fly! A literal fly. To say I was grossed out by that would be a massive understatement. I kept having flashbacks of Renfield from that old Dracula movie I'd watched with Chris a few weeks ago.

I bit back a sigh that threatened to bubble up from my lips as I turned yet another yellowed page in the Book of Shadows. The girls and I were attempting to concoct a vanquishing potion for this spider lady. I just hoped we were able to make it in time to save them - him and Piper. Or maybe the three of them, depending on how you looked at it.

Phoebe knocked the vial with her finger, eyeing the contents of it as she held it up, "Okay, that should about do it."

Quickly, I shut the book as the three of us hurried downstairs. Paige still looked a little dizzy from the blood part of the potion. Funny, it all made sense now why she would never watch Nightmare on Elm Street with me.

"Okay, we got it. She didn't even..." Phoebe began to say before her eyes grew wide at the scene unfolding before us, "...faint."

Piper was now wrapped in what looked to be a spider web and stuck to the opposite wall while Chris and the spider lady stood in the living room. Her skin was ivory, her hair falling in dark luscious waves that framed her heart-shaped face perfectly. Her whole look screamed Morticia Addams. To be honest, I was a little jealous.

Paige, thinking fast despite her previous squeamishness, tossed the vial at the spider demon but it never made it to her. Instead, it was intercepted by Chris' sticky hands....no pun intended there.

I frowned over at my boyfriend, "What are you doing?"

He turned to us then and I let out a tiny gasp upon seeing his face. His beautiful green eyes had turned an unnatural blood red and the mouth I so loved to feel on my own was now twisted into a sneer. No...this wasn't Chris.

Before any of us could move, he had lunged at Paige and successfully knocked her to the floor. He went for me and Phoebe then. My step-mom grabbed his wrist before kicking him in the face with her high-heeled shoe, knocking him out cold. Seeing the vial lying across the room, I lifted my hand and willed it to me. Within seconds, it was in my grasp and I heaved it at the spider demon. A curse erupted from my lips as it missed her, the demon transforming back into that of a spider before scuttling away.

Phoebe, Paige, and I ran after her but she was gone, out the window before we could catch her. Or swat her with a rolled-up newspaper. We turned back to Piper's cocooned form then, the three of us sharing a worried glance. This was not how we had hoped things would go or even imagined they would.

I walked over to Chris' unconscious form, squatting down beside him as I pushed stray strands of hair from his face. He looked so peaceful this way...what had she done to him?

As much as I loved him, I knew that leaving him lying here was not the way to go. He was a danger - to us all. In the end, the three of us decided it'd be best to lock him away. For a time anyhow.

I just hoped that time would be short and that soon, we would have our old Chris back again.

Or else I'd be dating Spider-Man for the rest of my life.