42. Opportunities and New Adventures

A/N - Last two chapters!!!!!

Elijah

I was so nervous and excited that I felt like I was going to throw up. I'd not felt this way since I was a little kid on the day before my 6th birthday.

I was going on a date. Me, Elijah Williams, going on a date with the hottest boy in school!!! Ok, so maybe I was biased on that, but I didn't care. Everytime I thought about the fact that Ryan was my boyfriend, a shiver of deliciousness ran down my body.

He'd told me that the date was casual and that he'd pick me up at 1.30pm and would have me home for 6pm in time for my tea. The fact that he knew me well enough to tell me what time I would be home made me love him all the more. But the thing was, with Ryan, I felt fearless. I felt like I could push my limits and do things I'd always been afraid to do before.

For the first time in my life, I felt like the world was opening up to me. Instead of seeing barriers and hurdles at every turn, I saw opportunities and new adventures.

"Ryan's here!" my mum shouted, and I ran down the stairs, a grin plastered on my face.

Ryan stood in the hallway looking as hot as I remembered.

"You ready?" he asked, with a huge smile on his face.

"As I'll ever be," I replied, then went over to him and kissed him on his cheek.

To my delight, his cheeks pinked up a little when he heard my mum chuckle.

"Have fun boys," she said.

"We will," I shouted back as I pulled Ryan out of the door.

"So, where are we going?" I asked, waiting eagerly for him to tell me.

The truth was, I didn't really care what the date entailed. I didn't need it to be flashy or overly romantic. As long as I got to spend time with Ryan, that was enough. But I was worried that my anxieties would spoil it for me, so I hoped it wasn't going to be something too far out of my comfort zone.

Ryan looked a little nervous.

"Well, I thought, seen as it's quite a nice day, that I'd take you somewhere secret that I found once when I was a kid. It's kind of cool, and I think you might like it."

"Ooookaaayy," I said, not sure how to react to that. Afterall, it could be anything.

"I can take you somewhere else if you want," he said quickly. "We could go to the cinema, or ten pin bowling, or something. I'll take you anywhere."

I watched him in amazement. Who would have ever thought that I could make a boy like Ryan look so scared and flustered.

"I don't mind doing what you want to do," I said.

Ryan smiled.

"Good, because I would rather go somewhere where I have you all to myself, and I don't have to worry about doing things like this," he said, leaning over and kissing me on the cheek.

I felt my body tingle at the contact.

"Sounds good to me," I said, a little breathy. "So how do we get there then?"

His smile disappeared again and he bit his lip.

"What?" I asked, and then it dawned on me.

"It's not in walking distance, is it?" I said.

"We could walk, but we wouldn't have much time to do anything else."

I sighed. I really didn't want to have to take the bus. Especially because I was guessing there wasn't going to be anywhere I could wash my hands where we were going, so I'd spend the whole date feeling uncomfortable and dirty. But I could put all of that to one side for Ryan.