Chapter twenty one: The Exit

Monte walked ahead and looked around in the station area before turning and heading back seeing Carson helping Vivian up and Taylor was getting Mia up along with Alfie. Jonathan lifted Alex up off the tracks and looked back seeing Evin standing at the door across from the door leading to the tunnel they just walked through getting Emma and Connor out who where the last two and shut the door hopping down onto the tracks and looked around, he paused feeling a breeze and listened, Jon turned looking at him ''Evin.'' he looked at him before looking down the tunnel, he crouched down and touched the metal railing and looked the other way ''It's cold.'' he stated and looked the other way, Jon looked at him ''It's a subway, there's probably an exit.'' he stated and hopped onto the platform, Evin walked over and Taylor reached down to help him up, Evin looked at her before grabbing her hand letting her pull him up onto the platform, Carson walked to Monte ''We need to rest here.'' he stated, Monte looked at him, Carson looked at his watch ''It's midnight, we're traveling with kids and Vivian's pregnant.'' Monte looked over to them and nodded ''Yeah.'' he stated and walked to the end holding his gun infront of him watching the area where the stairs were, Jonathan went over to Vivian sitting Alex down before her before crouching infront of her ''Me and Dad are gonna head up and check the area out, ok?'' Alex nodded, Jon smiled and kissed his forehead before getting up and touching Vivian's shoulder while walking over to Monte whole Emma and Connor sat down around the two.

Jonathan stopped beside Monte ''Come with me to check outside.'' he stated, Monte nodded and turned looking at the group, Carson saw the two heading for the stairs and walked over taking Monte's place looking around seeing another staircase on the other side and turned seeing Evin looked back at the tunnel where the train would be passing by, as Carson was looking at him from a distance he could tell Evin was watching something. He looked to the other's seeing them all resting knowing they should stay for a bit. Jonathan got to the top and looked around seeing it was dark and turned his light on before shinning around and looked up moving the light up, Monte got to the top and looked around before turning to Jon seeing he was frozen, he walked over and looked up ''Shit.'' there were two bodies hanging from a light pole and two bodies tied to them on the bottoms, all with their stomach's cut open a walker was at one eating one's intenstines, Jonathan lowered the light, his hands shaking and saw words written in blood on the ground 'Those who have risen, will cure those who have fallen.' Jon dropped his light and leaned forward resting his hands on his knee's, Monte looked to him before moving to him and touched his shoulder, Jon stood up and backed away before looking around ''We... We have to leave.'' he stated and went to the stairs going down.

Monte looked at the bodies and remembered what Jon told him about the cult and followed him back down the step's ''We're leaving.'' Jon stated walking past Carson, he watched everyone get up and went ahead and grabbed Jon's arm stopping him ''They need a break.'' he stated, Jon stared at him ''The cult here, in this area, we need to leave.'' he stated and went over picking Alex up and looked to Vivian before helping her up ''Sorry.'' he stated and picked her bag up helping her get it on, Carson turned to Monte as he came down ''Did you guys see the cult?'' Carson asked, Monte looked at him ''Not exactly.'' he stated and went over helping other's get on their feet.

Evin walked over confused and looked to Jon seeing he looked panicked ''Hey, what happened?'' he questioned, Jon turned facing him and looked to Evin ''Remember that cult I was talking about.'' he stated, Evin looked at him ''From Cleveland, yeah.'' Jon nodded ''There's bodies up on the road, stomach cut, gut's hanging out, walkers deffinetly got to them but...'' Jonathan thought about it ''Not the one's that were hanging but... It's the same death style they use, meaning their in this area.'' Evin thought about that and nodded before looking around at the others, ''You wann let the kids see the bodies?'' Evin asked looking at him, Jonathan shook his head ''No, but we don't have time to get them down and leave, we need to get to those boats.'' Evin looked at him before looking to Jon's hands seeing them shake and nodded ''Right.'' he stated, Jon turned and went over to the stairs where Monte was standing leading everyone up the stairs.