Chapter seventy two: The Pause

Taylor looked at them all in the elevator now leaning on the wall of the elevator seeing how quiet it was, knowing they were all depressed, sad was an understatement, Taylor didn't know what to do, she was the new person who also lost someone from this group. Taylor had her arm's over her chest and hung her head, her braided hair falling off her shoulder and infront of her. Jonathan looked forward as everyone was just sitting around ''We can't just, stay here.'' he stated and looked at them, Monte nodded ''Since this is a dangerous tsunami it'll take a couple of days for the water to recede.'' Taylor explained thinking about it, Connor looked to her ''How long can you last in an elevator?'' Connor questioned looking to Taylor, she thought about it ''Depends on how much food and water we have, if we have water with us, we'll be find since we only really need to be in here for three days at least.'' she stated and looked to him ''Three days?'' Carson questioned before standing up ''This elevator is slanted, meaning it's leaning on the walls and the cord is still holding it so we don't slide into the water below, we need to move down to the floor right above the water, that's the best shot we have, and we won't be in a confinded spot.'' Carson explained and moved to Taylor's side of the elevator and looked up ''How do you suppose we get down there?'' she questioned, Carson looked to her ''The ladder.'' Taylor looked at him.

''The elevator is on the walls, like you said, the ladder is to small with the elevator right next to it none of us will be able to squeese by that other then the toddlers and maybe Evin.'' Taylor explained, Aviana looked to them before looking to the floor of the elevator ''Then we go back up and carefully go down the stairs.'' Jonathan looked over to them ''We'll just wait for three days.'' he stated and tried opening his eye's more, Monte noticed this and crouched down checking Jon's side also seeing how pale he was ''Taylor, he's loosing blood.'' Taylor lifted her head and moved over to that side crouching down next to him while Monte took Ben who laid in Jon's weak arms ''Is that why I'm so... Tired.'' he asked finding it hard to stay awake ''Yes, you're bleeding out and dehydrated.'' she stated and opened the medical bag, Evin reached over his hands still shaking and grabbed the walkie talkie before showing Taylor, she looked at him a bit confused ''You're friends at the hospital, they could potentially help us.'' Taylor took it and took Ben from Monte letting him look through the bag for thing's to help Jon.

''He need's water and more gause.'' she stated and pressed the radio ''Rick, if you haven't been hit by the tsunami please answer.'' she stated and leaned on the wall looking down to Ben in her left arm. Jon leaned his head on the wall of the elevator looking to Monte breathing weakly with his lip's being very dry ''We should've just left.'' Evin stated looking forward at his feet. Monte held the water bottle for Jon making him drink the whole bottle, Jon tried lifting his hand but it went back down before leaning his head back on the wall, Monte looked at him before putting the empty plastic bottle in the bag and grabbed the gauses ''Rick we really need help.'' Taylor stated and let go of the button before looking to Carson who looked up at the hatch still thinking the best chance at surviving this was to get out of the elevator, just to even be ontop of the elevator *Taylor, thank god you are alright.* Taylor smiled a bit ''Not all of us are ok but, we need help is there any way for you guy's to get a boat?'' she asked and let go of the button, Carson looked to her ''That mean we're going back out?'' Taylor shook her head ''We can open the door's right above the elevator, it'll be easier to get everyone on that floor.'' she explained.

Rick came back to the radio *We are trapped on the fifth floor, the water's broke most of the windows and the floor's below are now flooded.* he explained, Taylor shut her eye's and placed the walkie talkie to her forehead, Carson took the walkie talkie from her ''Rick, it's Carson, can you look outside for a moment.'' he asked and let go of the button. He waited for Rick to answer him again *I am looking, there is nothing that look's like a boat.* he explained, Carson thought for a moment ''What about anything big floating on the water, like, something that look's like a raft.'' Taylor looked at him and Carson held his hand up moving his finger higher and waited for the response *Wait, I see something in the water, give me a moment.* Rick stated, Carson looked to Taylor ''If they can get a big enough platform to get the kids on along with Jon and Vivian we can find a smaller one to raft on to an area that has less water.'' Taylor nodded and looked over to Monte seeing him clearing away most of the blood before placing the guase.

*It is a boat, with people.* Carson's eye's widened *I can wave it down, explain that we need help.* Carson thought about it fast ''Rick what are the people wearing?'' he asked and waited, but there was no answer ''Rick?'' he questioned then his eye's darted around ''Rick if they are wearing military clothes they aren't good people, they are dangerous do not get their attetion.'' Carson stated trying to warn him before hand but Rick never answered again, he put his head back against the wall ''Fuck.'' muttered and lowered the walkie talkie before looking at them, he put the walkie talkie on his hip and looked up ''Let's get everyone on a somewhat safe floor.'' he stated and Taylor moved over handing Ben to Vivian before helping Carson up through the hatch. Taylor then moved over and got Monte to help him get Jon up and moved him over before passing him up through the hatch, Carson got him up and moved him to the side before Taylor lifted Monte up through, he sat on the edge before moving his leg's out and went over to the door's with Carson before they pulled them open, getting them past a certian point where they stayed open, Carson looked seeing it wasn't as vertical as the upper floors, they went back and moved Jon through the door's, Monte went on the floor holding Jon close before moving him away from a dangerous place getting him to the cubicals below seeing the window's had to many thing's on them for them to even think of standing on them. Monte looked back and Carson nodded seeing Monte was going to stay with Jon and went to help with everyone else.