All I Have

He starts to walk back out but I rush after to cut him off. He always popped up out of nowhere telling me these things but never giving me an explanation. That ends tonight.

"No, no you don't get to tell me to be ready and not tell me what to be ready for. I need answers...NOW!" I stood almost breaking my neck to look him in the face, he stared at me with a clenched jaw.

Oh no buddy that look isn't stopping anything tonight.

"I can't give you them Leaigh." My hand goes to push against his chest when he tries to walk forward, but his large hand catches mine. My feet slide backwards against the ground as he advances towards the door. Knowing I can't stop his movement I run to the door and spread out like a star fish.

"You aren't going anywhere until I receive an answer." Vali's head tilts to the side before his eyes press close, and that's when it hits me that he can disappear. Before I can latch onto his arm he dissolves into thin air, but I mean that doesn't stop me from catching him.

I probably look like the flash running out out of my room, oh how much I would pay to see this unfold.

Get your head in the game girl.

Right. Ok Vali. Where are you? My eyes scan the dark rooms as I pass by them looking for the unmistakeable giant. I spot him walking towards the kitchen so I jump on his back out of nowhere. "What are you doing Leaigh?" He stumbles forward trying to pull my arms from around his neck but I just tighten my grip.

"I told you I'm getting my answers...I'm waiting." If accepting I'm not going anywhere Vali grabs a glass from the kitchen cabinet and walks over to the sink. My mouth drops open in horror when he turns on the faucet and fills the glass with room temperature water.

"Did you just drink tap water?" He freezes after he takes a sip from the rim. "You monster." I snatch the glass from his hands and pour it out into the sink, I try to direct him to the refrigerator using my hands but he doesn't budge. "Why is mine not working?" I ask with a smack to the side of his head and he glares back at me.

"Oh stop now go to the refrigerator." Vali walks us over to the refrigerator where I press the glass under the water dispenser. It dispenses the cold liquid and the glass grows colder in my fingertips.

"Put me down Linguini." My hand tugs his hair and he sits me down on the counter. I take a sip of the refreshing water, "See, it's colder and taste so much better."

"It's probably the salmonella or coliform." My mouth fills with the water as he says this, a smirk pops up on his face as I sit frozen with the rim pressed to my lips.

"Hmmm?" With the water in my mouth I ask what he means.

"Refrigerators don't filter the bacteria out of the water." The words don't click for a second but when they do I freak out. Water jets out of my mouth as I crawl towards the sink, the tap water sprays my face while I submerge myself under and practically drowns me.

I sit coughing with water leaking out of both nostrils, the feeling of not being able to talk returns for a moment. Once I'm sure I won't choke on air I wipe my face and start breathing. Vali leans against the opposite counter trying not to laugh.

"My answers?" Completely dismissing what just happened, I jump down and grab the dish towel that hangs from the handle of a drawer. "You're still not getting them, not now but soon."

"Ugh you always say that! Soon was two weeks ago and I'm a very impatient growing girl."

"With what just happened I think you're more of a grown man." When I go to smack him with the towel my arm goes numb...then the other one after. I watch my veins glow just as my vision starts to pulsate into a dark cloud. Vali seems to disappear before I fall backwards, but I don't hit the ground.