Expect The Unexpected

The cold open feeling flows through me as we stand there in the large empty warehouse. The only thing in the big room is the metal cabinets filled with equipment of all kinds.

Vali stands to the right of me, wearing a black shirt with black joggers. I wear a blue cropped tank top with matching pair of blue Nike Air Max 270 Reacts, and for mobility black yoga pants cover my legs.

I watch him walk over to one of the cabinets and pull out things that I can't make out from over here. I walk closer and see he has a standard silver sword in each hand, I stop dead in my tracks and stare at him like he is crazy.

Of course training with him isn't even normal, I don't know why I thought it would be anything less than phsycotic.

His face is blank as ever and he doesn't even take notice to the expression that stretches across the length of my face. "Are you crazy?" I gasp out, but I don't take a step back when he hands it out towards me. He tosses the hilt to me and luckily I grab it before it falls and shreds my hand.

"Yes." My lips gather and go to the side at his answer, my my he is a blunt one isn't he?

His stance changes into a defensive one and the sword swipes through the air when he flicks his wrist, making the sword go into a circular motion. His eyes dont move from mine when he raises it up ready to strike,

"Woah pause, I have no idea what i'm doing so why is your sword up?" He starts circling around me and I turn around to keep facing him. The sword swipes at my head in a milisecond but I duck away from it before it can taste the blood under my skin.

"Good. Again." My eyes grow wide a his comment but don't get to reply before the blade swings at an angle to my leg. I hear the clash of metal and look down to see I delfected his hit with the end of my sword.

I raise it up and mimick the defensive stance Vali is in, he nods his head and comes closer so I can reach. The sword comes at me with a brute force behind it, and even though I blocked it my sword shifted closer towards me.

I start moving around, me and Vali across from each other as we move in a clockwise motion. I decide to swing the cold hard metal in my hands towards his tall frame but before the sharp edge move within the 3 foot radius of him, he grabs the end with his bare hands and rips it from my grasp.

"How is that fair?" He doesn't answer my question and walks back over to the cabinet he got them from. When he returns he has bigger swords in his hands, the sapphire detail wraps around the hilt and makes its way up the beginning of the blade. When he tosses it it's heavier than the last and sharper, the first was prbably a beginner sword.

It fits better in my hand than the first and flows through the air smoother, the sound of it cutting the air as Vali swung it in an x shape in front of him. He observes my stance and walks toward me, sliding the sword into the black sheath on his back.

He grabs my knee and pulls it forward, pushing my shoulders down till I'm close to a squat. He straightens my back and raises my my right arm at an angle above my head, pointing the end of the sword downwards. Vali tips my head up and returns back to his side, unsheathing his sword and moving into the position he placed me in.

"Show me what you got." I take the sword hilt with both hands and swipe it at Vali's side, when he blocks it I swipe again at his head. He blocks it and starts swinging back, but I'm too slow for one and the blade slices a long line on my thigh. The hot feeling rushes through my leg and the wound is covered with blood in seconds.

"Holy-and I thought breaking my hand when I was 12 hurt." My leg goes weak so I shift my weight to the other leg. Vali doesn't seemed bothered and goes back to striking, when his blade clashes with mine I go flying backwards. My back slides across the coarse cold concrete floor, knocking the breath out of me and the pain in my leg worsens.

My head drags hardly across the harsh floor, when I finally stop I feel blood rushing out and covering the gray surface. "Ugh," my head feels a thousand pounds heavier and my vision has white spots in it. I see Vali appear above me with no expression on his now agravating face.

My abdomen lifts off of the ground and then the rest of my body, I turn upright in the air until I float in front of him. His eyes grow dark before he closes them, the gesture kinda freaks me out but I don't show it...hopefully. His hand rest on my thigh and a weird buzzing feeling goes through it. I look down to see the wound completely healed, my head the same.

When his eyes open they are back to normal and I slowly drop down to the floor, my legs bend when I touch the concrete. "You're better than I thought you would be, but you still need a lot of work."

"Gee thanks." My voice is laced with sarcasm but once again it doesn't affect him. He grabs my sword off of the ground and hands it back to me, "Yeh know I'd probably be better if you actually told me what to do instead of me just guessing."

"Okay."

My eyebrows lift at the unexpected answer but nevertheless I walk back to the center and ready myself.

"Your enemy will know you," he turns to look at me and folds his arms in front of him, "Your weaknesses, your thoughts, even the moves your gonna execute next..before you even think of them."

"You have to be ready, hurt or not, angry or not, sad or not, you always have to be ready no matter what. And as soon as you forget that, then it's over for you."

He tosses the sword in the air and easily catches it, "Everything won't always be fair, and the odds won't always be in your favor." He disappears before my eyes in a thick waver.

"But always expect the unexpected." Vali speaks in my ear from behind, but he isn't there when I look back. "Then teach me how. I don't even know why were even doing any of this, but I haven't went against anything you've said...so help me." My voice doesn't crack and sounds persistent.

"Are you prepared to start from the beginning?"

"If it's beneficial then yes."

"Then get ready."