The Fountain of Unknown Pt. 1

An alluring large room surrounds us in a blink, the tall ceiling graced with a magnificently detailed mural consisting of rich colors and beautiful images. Tall strong built pillars line the room creating a sophisticated aura in the bright large room.

I stare at the peculiar reflection of a girl on the white marbled floor, her face a mixture of so many emotions until they blended into an indescribable expression. But somehow I could identify myself by the amber eyes that stared back at me.

The intoxicating slits of gray eyes stare down at me in the reflection with no visible shadow to dilute their powerful effect. It sends a feverish shiver down the planes of my spine making me tense up. Vali barely shows any signs of the sickly looking man I saw earlier, the dark circles under his eyes less obvious. Me on the other hand still looked a bit drained of life but still not as severe from when I first woke up.

Not to shabby for just waking up on my death bed.

Unsuccessfully I try push away the thought of my mother's face when she discovers I am absent from my hospital room and gone without a single trace. Well the only thing left behind was the cheaply fabricated material of my uncomfortable hospital gown and her phone. I didn't have the patience nor energy to try and write a note, I wouldn't even know what to say so I just let it be. "Follow me, closely."

At the serious note in Vali's rather hollow voice, I kick my feet into gear and follow behind the giant without argument. A young model-like teenage boy stands off to the side, no doubt barely a year younger than me, but that one body multiplies into more. At the silent intimidating cold stares from practically everyone we pass, I grow more and more uncomfortable with anxiety. They all feel as if they are staring right through me, deep into my soul instead of at me. That seems quite familiar.

Men of all ages cease movement to watch us walk pass, I find myself walking closer to Vali when the gazes of 20 or more men zone in on me. A older man steps out closer than the rest, I assume to get a better look at the little 'human girl'. His tall built body is draped in a carefully crafted white himation that drapes across one of his shoulders and entertwines with another piece of fabric at the opposite hip. "Hello." Trying to ease the tension in the air I greet the...man.

"Don't talk to him." At Vali's sharp interjecting voice I flinch away from the man with an uneasy smile on my face.

"Goodbye." I mumble quickly and catch up to the rather strapping being who is in contrast to everyone here with all black clothes. I notice the significant difference between Vali and the rest of the men. They are all tall and well built but other than that there are some major differences. Even though the men are bigger than me, Vali still seems to be a giant that looms over every person in the room. They all have normal eye colors such as brown, green, and blue, with brown and blond hair. But the mysterious giant had black hair and grey eyes, it was clear there was some reason as to why he was so different but right now I keep my thoughts to myself.

I almost smack into Vali when he reaches an abrupt stop out of nowhere, I peer around his body to see a powerful looking man in a thrown-like chair. His facial structure seemed to be made of steel with slight stubble covering his jaw and brown freckles that covered almost every inch of his face. His face, too, was as blank as my art canvas's from 3rd grade art class. I'm starting to think every face I've seen today could literally go for a professional job as america's next top model.

The thing that completely draws my attention to a peak is the similar mark on his neck that Vali also has wrapped around one side. But the difference is that the mystery man's mark is glowing bright white, almost as if there is light flowing from it. Vali's was the exact opposite with midnight back essence and complete disparity. Power definitely poured from his solemn figure, even as he sits perched on the stone chair in front of us.