Bad Wolf

Robyn sits in Jack's arms as they all joke around. Jumping down she stands by the Tardis console as a bright white light suddenly shines from all around the Tardis' walls. As it does Rose, Jack and the Doctor get dragged out leaving Robyn alone in the Tardis. "Daddy? Rose? Doctor?" Robyn asks looking round the console. The Tardis lands somewhere but Robyn stays put not sure if she should go out there. The Tardis beeps making her look at the screen, she smiles when she sees that the Tardis has set up a film for her to watch. "Thank you." she grins giving the console a little pat. A small ball like thing whirls making Robyn giggle.

A while later the door to the Tardis opens making Robyn look over. "Daddy!" she cries running at Jack. "Are you okay sweetheart?" Jack asks crouching down and checking her over. "Uh huh, the Tardis protected me. We were watching Bug's Life." Robyn tells him. Jack kisses her forehead and goes over to the console screen "What the hell...?" he frowns as the Tardis shows him something. "Come on, let's go talk to the Doctor." he tells his daughter. Robyn nods but frowns when he doesn't mention Rose. Robyn runs over to the Doctor when she spots him making him smile and pick her up. "You alright?" he asks her. "Yep, the Tardis kept me safe." Robyn tells him quietly feeling shy around the people she doesn't know. The Doctor smiles as Jack starts talking. "The Tardis worked it out. You'll wanna watch this. The Lynda, could you stand over there for me please?" Jack asks a lady with pigtails. "I... I just wanna go home." Lynda tells him. "It'll only take a second. Could you stand in that spot, quick as you can?Everybody watching? Okay... three, two, one..." Jack presses a button and a disintegrator beam shoots down from the ceiling and hits Lynda. "But you killed her!" the Doctor says shocked. "Oh, d'you think?" Jack asks before he presses the button again. Lynda reappears next to the Doctor, slightly dazed but completely unharmed. "What the hell was that?" she asks as The Doctor looks at Jack for an explanation. "It's a transmat beam. Not a disintegrator. A secondary transmat system. People don't get killed in the games! They get transported across space! Doctor, Rose is still alive!" Jack explains. The Doctor laughs in relief before the three travellers hug each other, Robyn not having a choice as she's squashed between the two men.

"She's out there somewhere!" the Doctor says going from computer to computer. "Doctor! Co-ordinates five point six point one..." the Controller starts. "Don't! The solar flare's gone, they'll hear you!" the Doctor tells her as he types in what she's saying. "Point four three four... no my masters, no! I defy you! Stigma seven seven..." the Controller trails off screaming. They all look up to see the wires she was attached to fall away empty. "They took her." The Doctor tells them. Jack sits down at one of the computer terminals, with the others gathered around him and Robyn on his lap. "Look, use that. It might contain the final numbers. I kept a log of all the unscheduled transmissions." a man says handing Jack a disk. "Nice... thanks... Captain Jack Harkness, by the way..." Jack tells him looking at him suggestively and putting his hand out. "I'm Davitch Pavale." Davitch says shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you, Davitch Pavale..." Jack flirts. "There's a time and a place." the Doctor tells him making Robyn giggle. "Are you saying this entire set-up's been a disguise all along?" a female programmer asks the Doctor. "Going way back. Installing the Jagrafess a hundred years ago. Someone's been playing a long game. Controlling the Human Race from behind the scenes for generations." the Doctor explains. "Click on this." Jack says handing The Doctor a control. Nodding he takes it and clicks it pointing upwards. An image of an empty expanse of space materializes above their heads. "The transmat delivers to that point. Right on the edge of the solar system." Jack explains. "There's nothing there.the lady programmer says. "It looks like nothing. 'Cause that's what this satellite does. Underneath the transmission, there's another signal..." the Doctor trails off. "Doing what?" Davitch asks. "Hiding whatever's out there. Hiding it from sonar, radar, scanner. There's something sitting right on top of Planet Earth... but it's completely invisible. If I cancel the signal..." The Doctor trails off as he presses a few buttons making a spaceship appear on screen. It's zooms out revealing more and more ships. Jack holds Robyn close "That's impossible. I know those ships... they were destroyed." he tells the Doctor who looks at the screen wide eyed "Obviously, they survived." he responds. "Who did? Who are they?" Lynda asks. "Two hundred ships. More than two thousand on board each one. That's just about half a million of them." the Doctor explains. "Half a million what?" Davitch asks. "Daleks." the Doctor tells them. Robyn flinches at the name and snuggles into her dad as he strokes her hair.

The Doctor starts up a transmission with the Daleks and soon three Daleks flanking Rose appear on screen. "I will talk to the Doctor." one of the pm says. "Oh, will you? That's nice. Hello!" the Doctor says and waves at them mockingly, his fake grin fading rapidly. "The Dalek Stratagem nears completion. The Fleet is almost ready. You will not intervene." the Dalek tells him. "Oh, really? Why's that then?" the Doctor asks. "We have your associate. You will obey or she will be exterminated." the Dalek explains. Rose, shaking, looks up at the Doctor on the screen. "No." the Doctor responds. As one, Robyn, Jack, Lynda, Davitch and the Female Programmer turn their heads in his direction. "Explain yourself." the Dalek demands. "I said: no." the Doctor tells it. "What is the meaning of this negative?" the Dalek asks. "It means: no." the Doctor responds. "But she will be destroyed." the Dalek tells him. "No! 'Cos this is what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna rescue her. I'm gonna save Rose Tyler from the middle of the Dalek Fleet, and then I'm gonna save the Earth, and then just to finish off, I'm gonna wipe every last stinking Dalek outta the sky!" the Doctor retorts. "But you have no weapons! No defences! No plan!" the Dalek tells him. "Yeah. And doesn't that scare you to death? Rose?" the Doctor asks. "Yes, Doctor?" Rose asks. "I'm coming to get you." the Doctor clicks the device, and the communication line closes. Robyn grins as the Doctor leads her and her dad to the Tardis.