The Parting of Ways

Robyn sits on the chair in the Tardis while Jack and the Doctor are manning the controls frantically. "We've got incoming!" Jack warns making Robyn hold onto the seat a bit harder. The Tardis shakes as it's hit by missiles "The extrapolator's working. We've got a fully functional forcefield. Try saying that when you're drunk..." Jack tells the Doctor. "And for my next trick..." the Doctor smiles. Rose and a Dalek appear near the door, as the Tardis lands, making Robyn grin. "Get down, Rose!" the Doctor tells her making Rose throw herself to the floor. "Exterminate!" The Dalek fires at Jack, who is holding a gun. Jack fires at the Dalek, who explodes with a scream. "You did it!" Rose grins. The Doctor hugs Rose without a word. "Feels like I haven't seem you in years." Rose smiles. "Told you I'd come and get you." the Doctor says as they pull away. "Never doubted it." Rose smiles. "I did! You all right?" he asks. "Yeah. You?" Rose asks. "Not bad. Been better!" He goes over to the smouldering remains of the Dalek and peers at it while Jack approaches Rose. "Hey, don't I get a hug?" Jack asks. "Ahh, come here!" Rose smiles. "I was talking to him." Jack jokes motioning at the Doctor. They laugh and throw their arms around each other. As they do Robyn runs over and wraps her arms round Rose's legs. "Hey Robyn." Rose grins picking her up. "Welcome home!" Jack grins. "Ohh, thought I'd never see you again." Rose tells Jack and Robyn. "Oh, you were lucky, I was just a one-shot wonder. Drained the gun of all its power supply. Now it's just a piece of junk." Jack explains motioning to the gun.

The Doctor carefully examines the Dalek with his sonic screwdriver making the other three walk over and bend over the Dalek, looking at it. "You said they were extinct. How comes they're still alive?" Rose asks the Doctor. "One minute they're the greatest threat in the universe, the next minute they vanished out of time and space." Jack tells Rose as Robyn reaches for her dad. Jack takes her from Rose, holding her close. "They went off to fight a bigger war... the Time War..." the Doctor tells Jack. "I thought that was just a legend." Jack says surprised. "I was there. The war between the Daleks and the Time Lords. With the whole of creation at stake. My people were destroyed, but they took the Daleks with them. I almost thought it was worth it. Now it turns out they died for nothing." the Doctor explains to them. "There's thousands of them now. We could hardly stop one. What're we gonna do?" Rose asks. "No good stood round here chin-wagging! Human race, you'd gossip all day. The Daleks have got the answers, let's go and meet the neighbours." the Doctor says as he heads off down the ramp. "You can't go out there...!" Rose starts but it's too late as the Doctor has already walked out the door.

"Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!" all the Daleks say firing at him. The rays reflect off the forcefield of the Tardis keeping the Doctor safe, as well as Jack, Robyn and Rose who have just cautiously popped their heads out behind him. The Daleks give up, and the sound of their guns fades into silence "Is that it? Useless! Nul points. It's all right, come on out. That forcefield can hold back anything." the Doctor says, addressing the others at the end. "Almost anything." Jack comments. "Yes, but I wasn't gonna tell them that. Thanks." the Doctor responds. "Sorry." Jack says sheepishly. The Daleks are silent, watching them making the Doctor step forward to address them "D'you know what they call me in the ancient legends of the Dalek Homeworld? The Oncoming Storm. You might've removed all your emotions... but I reckon that right down deep in your DNA, there's one little spark left. And that's fear. Doesn't it just burnwhen you face me? So, tell me, how did you survive the Time War?"he asks. "They survived through me." a voice says making the four of them turn and see a Dalek in larger more grand body armour.

"Rose... Captain... Robyn... this is the Emperor of the Daleks." the Doctor tells them. "You destroyed us, Doctor. The Dalek Race died in your inferno, but my ship survived, falling through time, crippled but alive." The Emperor starts. "I get it." the Doctor nods. "Do not interrupt!" the Daleks say one after the other making Rose and Jack flinch and Robyn whimper slightly. "I think you're forgetting something. I'm the Doctor. And if there's one thing I can do - it's talk. I've got five billion languages, and you haven't got one way of stopping me. So if anybody's gonna shut up, it's you!" the Doctor says making a few Daleks shuffle back slightly. "Okey dokie. So, where were we?" he asks turning back to the Emperor. "We waited here in the dark space, damaged but rebuilding. Centuries passed, and we quietly infiltrated the systems of Earth. Harvesting the waste of humanity. The prisoners, the refugees, the dispossessed, they all came to us. The bodies were filtered, pulped, sifted. The seed of the Human Race is perverted. Only one cell in a billion was fit to be nurtured." the Emperor explains. "So, you created an army of Daleks out of the dead." the Doctor realises. "That makes them... half human." Rose realises. "Those words are blasphemy!" the Emperor tells her angrily. "Do not blaspheme!" the Daleks say repeating each other. "Everything human has been purged. I cultivated pure and blessed Dalek." the Emperor tells the. The Doctor looks round slightly concerned "Since when did the Daleks have a concept of blasphemy?" he asks the Emperor. "I reached into the dirt and made new life. I am the God of all Daleks!" the Emperor tells him. "Worship him! Worship him! Worship him!" the Daleks chant. "They're insane! A hundred years hiding in silence, that's enough to drive anyone mad. But it's worse than that. Driven mad by your own flesh. The stink of humanity. You hate your own existence. And that makes them more deadly than ever. We're going." the Doctor tells Rose, Jack and Robyn. "You may not leave my presence!" the Emperor orders them. Jack carries Robyn into the Tardis and sits her down by the console as the Doctor leans against the closed door before flying the Tardis back to the control room.