The Pandorica Opens

Robyn giggles as the Doctor puts his under the console to talk to Amy "Vavoom!" he tells her

Robyn giggles as the Doctor puts his under the console to talk to Amy "Vavoom!" he tells her. "Va-what?" Amy asks, walking up from under the console. "I can't believe I've never thought of this before. It's genius. Right. Landed. Come on." the Doctor smiles. "Where are we?" Amy asks. "Planet One. The oldest planet in the universe. And there's a cliff of pure diamond, and according to legend, on the cliff there's writing. Letters fifty feet high. A message from the dawn of time. And no one knows what it says, because no one's ever translated it. Till today." the Doctor tells her. "What happens today?" Amy asks. "Us. The Tardis can translate anything. All we have to do is open the doors and read the very first words in recorded history." the Doctor tells her. They go outside and read 'Hello Sweetie ΘΣ ΦΓΥΔζ' in the cliff face "Mummy." Robyn smiles. The three of them head back into the Tardis, the Doctor taking them to the coordinates. The Tardis materialises at the edge of a wood, on a hill "Right place?" Amy asks as they exit. "Just followed the co-ordinates on the cliff face. Earth. Britain. one oh two am. No, pm. No, AD." the Doctor says as they look at a Roman camp. "That's a Roman Legion." Amy says. "Well, yeah. The Romans invaded Britain several times during this period." the Doctor tells her. "Oh, I know. My favourite topic at school. Invasion of the hot Italians. Yeah, I did get marked down for the title." Amy responds.

A soldier runs up and salutes "Hail, Caesar!" he says. "Hi." the Doctor responds. "Welcome to Britain. We are honoured by your presence." the solider tells him. "Well, you're only human. Arise, Roman person." the Doctor says awkwardly. "Why does he think you're Caesar?" Amy asks. The solider stands, a smear of lipstick on his face "Cleopatra will see you now." he tells them, leading them into the camp and to a tent. Walking in they find River dressed as Cleopatra "Hello, sweetie." she smiles. Robyn grins and runs over, River smiling as she picks her daughter up and sits her on her lap "River. Hi." Amy greets. "You graffitied the oldest cliff face in the universe." the Doctor scolds. "You wouldn't answer your phone." River tells him, her servants leaving as she presents a rolled up scroll of some sort. "What's this?" the Doctor asks. "It's a painting. Your friend Vincent. One of his final works. He had visions, didn't he? I thought you ought to know about this one." River explains, standing up with Robyn in her arms.

"Doctor? Doctor, what is this?" Amy asks. Looking at the painting, they see that it's of the Tardis exploding in the style of Starry Night "Why is it exploding?" Amy asks, looking alarmed. "I assume it's some kind of warning." River explains. "What, something's going to happen to the Tardis?" Amy asks her. "It might not be that literal. Anyway, this is where he wanted you. Date and map reference on the door sign, see?" River tells the Doctor. "Does it have a title?" the Doctor asks. "The Pandorica Opens." River responds. "The Pandorica? What is it?" Amy asks. "A box, a cage, a prison. It was built to contain the most feared thing in all the universe. And it's a fairy tale, a legend. It can't be real." the Doctor explains. "If it is real, it's here and it's opening, and it's got something to do with your Tardis exploding. Hidden, obviously. Buried for centuries. You won't find it on a map." River tells him as he unrolls a map of the area. "No, but if you buried the most dangerous thing in the universe, you'd want to remember where you put it." the Doctor points out.