Comic Relief 2011 - Time

Robyn smiles as she watches the Doctor work under the console, having just got back from a trip with River while the Doctor saved Amy and Rory from a crashing ship

Robyn smiles as she watches the Doctor work under the console, having just got back from a trip with River while the Doctor saved Amy and Rory from a crashing ship. Amy walks over and joins them "Hey." Amy says. "Hey." the Doctor responds, being pulled out from under the console by Amy. "Listen. Can we talk?" Amy asks him, making him look at her. "Rory!" the Doctor shouts. "Stop. Shut up. I've just got a question, that's all." Amy tells him. "You okay up there?" Rory asks from the lower level. "Yeah, fine, no problem." the Doctor responds. "What are you doing?" Amy asks her husband. "Helping the Doctor. It's humming. Is that okay?" Rory asks. "Yeah, it's fine. We're just entering conceptual space. Imagine a banana, or anything curved. Actually, don't. It's not curved or like a banana. Forget the banana!" the Doctor tells him, making Robyn giggle. "Er, is he helping you fly the Tardis?" Amy asks him. "Detach servo-couplings two, seven and eleven, like I showed you." the Doctor tells Rory. "How come he gets to have a go? You never let me have a go." Amy continues, picking Robyn up. "Er, Doctor, don't. Seriously. I let her drive my car once." Rory warns. "Yeah, to the end of the road." Amy responds. "According to Amy, there was an unexpected house." he reminds her, Robyn giggling.

"He's jealous because I passed my test first time." Amy tells Robyn and the Doctor. "You cheated. You wore a skirt." Rory tells her. "I didn't wear a skirt." she retorts. "That would have worked too." Rory tells her. "No, no, I did wear a skirt. But it was any old skirt." Amy remembers. "Have you seen Amy drive, Doctor?" Rory asks. "No." he responds. "Neither did her driving examiner." Rory tells him. "Actually, it was this one. It was this skirt." Amy remembers, looking at her skirt. Suddenly the Tardis tilts and goes dark, Robyn looking round in confusion. "What was that?" Amy asks. "Rory? Did you drop a thermo-coupling?" the Doctor asks. "Sorry." Rory responds. "Argh. How did you do that? I told you, don't drop them. I specifically mentioned not dropping." the Doctor tells him. "It was my fault." Amy pipes up. "Of course it wasn't your fault." the Doctor tells her. "It kind of was her fault." Rory agrees, joining them. "How could it be her fault?" the Doctor asks in confusion. "Because it was my skirt and my husband and your glass floor." Amy explains. "Oh, Rory." the Doctor groans. "Sorry." Rory tells him. "Well, we've landed. Emergency materialisation. Should be fine. Should have dropped off in the safest spot available." the Doctor explains, bringing the power back online.

Looking towards the door, they all see the Tardis inside "Doctor, what's happened?" Amy asks. "Safest spot available. The Tardis has materialised inside itself." the Doctor explains. "Is that supposed to happen?" Rory asks. "Take a guess." the Doctor tells him. "No?' Rory asks. "That's the one." the Doctor says, going over and touching the other Tardis. "What are you doing?" Amy asks him. "Absolutely no idea." he responds, going inside the Tardis. The Doctor walks through the main door "Okay, that is a bit weird." Amy remarks. The Doctor puts his arm outside, and it waves at them from the new Tardis "That is actually pretty cool." Rory remarks. The Doctor walks out of the Tardis and through the new Tardis "I'm glad you're entertained, Rory, now that we're stuck here for all eternity at least you won't be bored." the Doctor tells him. "Wait, what, we're stuck?" Amy asks. "The inside of the Tardis is now joined to the outside of the Tardis. Worse than a time loop, a space loop. Nothing can enter or leave this ship ever again." the Doctor explains. Just then another Amy walks in "Okay, kids. This is where it gets complicated." she says. Robyn tilts her head in confusion, looking between the Amy holding her and the Amy who just walked in. "Who the hell are you?" the Amy holding her asks. "I'm you, from your future." other Amy explains. "Tell me exactly what's happened." the Doctor tells her.

The Amy holding Robyn, places her on her feet. Robyn sits on the chair, watching everything "Well, the exterior shell of the Tardis has drifted forwards in time. If you step into the box now, you step into the control floor a tiny bit in the past." other Amy explains. "I don't understand." Amy tells her. "Neither do I." other Amy responds. "But you just said it." Amy says. "No, I'm just repeating it. I'm just remembering what I heard myself saying when I was standing where you are now, and repeating it. I'm just repeating this too. And this, and this." other Amy tells her. "Oh, I still don't understand." Amy complains. "You still don't." other Amy says. "Okay, when does Amy step inside the box. We need to maintain the timeline." the Doctor tells her. "Ah. As soon as she's slapped Rory." other Amy tells her. "Okay." Amy nods. "Huh. No, why do I get slapped?" Rory asks. "Because we have to stick to the established chain of events. One mistake and the whole time line could collapse. We could end up with two Amy Ponds for ever, and then what would you do?" the Doctor tells him. Rory turns to Amy with his finger raised, making her slap him "Okay, you. Into the police box now." the Doctor tells her. "And then I become her?" Amy asks. "Yes. Go, go, go!" the Doctor tells her.

Amy walks over to the Tardis and looks at the other Amy "Do I really look like that?" she asks. "Yeah. Yeah, you do." other Amy smiles. "Ooo. Nice choice for your driving lessons." Amy smiles. "I bet you would." other Amy tells her. "Oh, this is how it all ends. Pond flirting with herself. True love at last. Oh, sorry, Rory." the Doctor says. "Absolutely no problem at all." Rory tells him, Robyn giggling. "Now, Amy." the Doctor tells her. "What's the first line?" Amy asks. "Okay, kids, this is where it gets complicated." other Amy tells her. "Gotcha." Amy says, going into the Tardis. "So, is that it? Are we okay now?" Amy asks, walking over. Robyn smiles as Rory picks her up "Any idea what's going on?" He asks. "No." she responds. "Good, so I'm not the only one." he tells her, making her giggle. "No, we're still trapped." the Doctor tells Amy. Amy and Rory suddenly enter the Tardis, Rory holding Robyn "What are you doing?" the Doctor asks. "You told us to get into the police box. Well, from your point of view you're about to tell us to get into the police box. From our point of view you just told us to get into the police box, which is why we got into the police box, which is why we're here." the other Rory tells him. "Do I have to remember all of that?" Rory asks. "It just sort of happens." the other Rory tells him.

The two Amys wave at each other happily "Hi." Amy smiles. "Hi." other Amy responds, the two Robyn's giggling. Stop that. You three, in the police box now. Run." the Doctor tells them. The three of them go into the box "So, what now?" Amy asks. "You three, stay where you are." the Doctor responds. "What are you doing?" Rory asks. "I'm setting up a controlled temporal implosion. It's the only way to rest the Tardis. But unless I find exactly the right lever to control the implosion, we're all going to die." the Doctor explains. "You don't know which lever?" Amy asks. "No. But I'm about to find out." the Doctor responds. The Doctor enters the Tardis "The wibbly lever!" he smiles. "The wibbly lever. Thank you." he says, throwing the lever down before running into the Tardis as it dematerialises. "Okay, we're back in normal flight. The Tardis is no longer inside itself, the localised time field is no longer about to implode and rip a hole in all causality. But just in case, Pond, put some trousers on." the Doctor tells her, taking Robyn and walking over to the console.