The Beast Below

Robyn runs down the corridor where she finds the Doctor with a red haired lady in her nightie

Robyn runs down the corridor where she finds the Doctor with a red haired lady in her nightie. "Well...? Anything you want to say? Any passing remarks? I've heard them all." the Doctor tells her. Robyn giggles making him turn and spot her at the top of the stairs. He motions her down making her run over to him and hide slightly behind him. "Who's this?" the red head asks. "This is Robyn Harkness, she's the daughter of a very old friend of mine. I'm sort of her guardian now." The Doctor explains making Robyn giggle. "Robyn, this is Amelia Pond, but she goes by Amy." The Doctor tells the girl. "Hi Robyn." Amy says waving with a smile. "Hi." Robyn smiles shyly making the Tardis whir at her. Robyn giggles and runs over to where the Tardis has materialised some colouring stuff. The Doctor smiles at the girl as Amy looks at her clothes "I'm in my nightie." she realises. "Oh, don't worry. Plenty of clothes in the wardrobe. AND possibly a swimming pool. So... all of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will... Where do you want to start?" the Doctor asks. "You are so sure that I'm coming." Amy tells him. "Yeah, I am." he responds. "Why?" Amy asks. "Cos you're the Scottish girl in the English village, and I know how that feels." he tells her making Robyn look at him "A girl?" she asks making Amy laugh "Hush you." he tells her playfully making her giggle and go back to drawing. "Oh, do you?" Amy asks referring to what the Doctor said. "All these years living here most of your life... and you've still got that accent. Yeah, you're coming." he tells her with a smile. "Can you get me back for tomorrow morning?" Amy asks. "It's a time machine. I can get you back five minutes ago. Why, what's tomorrow?" the Doctor asks. "Nothing. Nothing. Just... you know, stuff." Amy tells him. "All right, then. Back in time for stuff." the Doctor tells her. Just then a new screwdriver extends from the console's surface. "Oh! A new one!Lovely." the Doctor says giving it a little test. "Thanks, dear." he whispers to the Tardis making Robyn grin "Green is better than blue." she tells him making the Doctor wink at her.

"Why me?" Amy asks suddenly. "Why not?" the Doctor asks. "No, seriously. You are asking me to run away with you in the middle of the night. It's a fair question. Why me?" Amy asks him again. "I don't know. Fun. Do I have to have a reason?" the Doctor asks her. "People always have a reason." Amy points out. "Do I look like people?" he asks. "Yes." "Been knocking around on my own for a while - my choice - but I've started talking to myself. It's giving me earache." the Doctor explains making Robyn jump up and go over to hug him and give him the picture. Smiling the Doctor puts the picture on the console and sits Robyn on the chair near him. "You're lonely. That's it? Just that?" Amy asks. "Just that. Promise." the Doctor assures. "Okay." Amy nods. "So, are you okay then? Cos this place, sometimes it can make people feel a bit... you know." the Doctor asks leaning next to Amy. "I'm fine. It's just... There's a whole world in here, just like you said. It's all true. I thought...well, I started to think that maybe you were just like a madman with a box." Amy explains. "Amy Pond, there's something you'd better understand. It's important, and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box. Ha-ha! Yeah. Goodbye, Leadworth. Hello, everything!" The Doctor hits the dematerialization switch and they both hold onto the console, Robyn giggling from her seat.