Chapter 11

~Reid's POV~

"So, Juilliard tomorrow, huh?" I ask Jane while we're on the road back to New York.

Jane plays with her fingers nervously. "Yeah, I guess so," She looks up and turns to me. "What if I'm not good enough? What if they regret accepting me?"

"Listen, Jane," I pause. "They obviously accepted you for a reason. You are the best cello player I -and most people- have ever seen!" I look at her for a moment to see her smile a little. "It's okay to worry, but think of all the people who said that you are amazing at the cello. Do you think all of them lied? All those people, including Juilliard, are telling the truth."

She looks less worried and whispers, "Okay."

"Well, you've wondered those halls before so some pressure is lifted off your shoulders." I say.

"Yeah, I guess so. But I don't remember where my classes are." We stare at each other briefly before bursting out in laughter. "I'll need that map you printed again! I may have hit my head too hard too many times!" We continue laughing.

Her smile is so beautiful. I feel for the 'special thing' in my pocket. It's still there.

~

I open the door to the apartment and we enter. I haven't felt this exhausted in a long time. I set down my bags and so does Jane.

We head to the bedroom knowing that all we want to do is sleep. But, after an hour of laying there attempting to do so, Jane softly whispers, "Reid?"

I roll onto my side to face her and her flawless face glowing in the dim light from the desk side lamp. "Yes beautiful?" She blushes and that makes me smile.

"Do you think we are going to marry one day?" Jane says and I push some hair behind her ear and smile.

"As long as you still make tacos, then yes." I smirk and she bursts out laughing. "I'm only joking," I smile again, then I pause. "I love you, and whatever you want, you must have. If you want a ring, then a ring is what you'll get." I see her tearing up a bit so I grab her hand.

There's a long pause. "Reid, you've had a ring the whole time... haven't you?" Jane sits up and so do I. She stares for a while in amazement, studying me, figuring me out.

"Well," I try to hide a smile but I can't. Jane looks amazed but in a good way.

This is it. I stand up and pull out a small silver box. Jane's jaw drops and she's speechless. I take a deep breath and get on one knee. My heart is beating out of my chest. I'm about to propose to the woman I love!

She's definitely crying now. "Jane, I am honestly the luckiest human being on earth right now just to be in this room with you! You are the strongest, most talented and most beautiful woman I have ever met and it would be a blessing to spend the rest of my life with you."

I open the box to show the ring that I searched for for hours. I never went fishing with my friends that day many weeks ago. I was shopping for this ring. It is a beautifully crafted silver ring with a shiny blue sapphire twinkling in the lamp light.

I hold back my tears to ask her the question. The very question that will change everything; in a good way, of course. "Jane, will you marry me?"

She doesn't say anything at first because she's crying. She just nods very quickly and grabs my face to kiss me. I pull away slowly so I can slip the ring on her finger.

"I can't believe we're engaged!" I say before I stand and hug Jane.

"Me neither, Reid! But I'm glad we are because I love you." She kisses me on the cheek and we just lay on our bed cuddling each other.

"I love you too, Jane. And no matter what, I always will."

I hate updating late and I'm sorry that I keep doing that:(

~Crystal