Chapter 2

Restaurant^^^^
~Reid's POV~

We enter a fancy decorated, old-style building that is located between a Claire's and an Urban Planet. Jane probably found the restaurant while shopping.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Jane asks, stretching her hand out and orbiting it around the room, forcing my eyes to wonder.

"Yes, it is." I answer, smiling. It is a nice place. Very. "Jane, how expensive is this place?"

She looks at me and says, "Don't worry about that. It's my turn to spend my money on you."

Jane leads me through the beautifully Christmas-decorated arch to a booth that has a 'Reserved' sign on it.

"This is it." She tells me. We sit on either side.

I take a deep breath and look at Jane's eyes. "Wow. So beautiful." I begin. "The restaurant is pretty nice too."

Jane laughs at my joke and reaches for my hand and I reach for hers. We just stare into each other's eyes without a word. Then our waitress comes over to our table.

"Sorry for the wait," She begins; I can tell she has a hint of a british accent. "I'm new and this is my first week, so..." she giggles. "My name is Jessica. May I take your order?" She smiles and gets out her notepad and pen.

"Um... yes, please. I will have the..." I search the menu for something simple and cheap. "Chicken wrap with caesar dressing please. And a root beer."

"Okay. And for you?" Jessica turns to Jane.

"Um... the bow tie noodle pasta with a root beer also please." She replies.

"Okay. See you two soon!" She turns and heads to the kitchen.

"So..." I break the silence, but I see that Jane looks a little sad. "Are you sure nothing is bothering you?"

She looks at me and says, "Yeah, I'm... fine."

"Jane, you don't have to talk about it, but I just want to know if you are happy right now because if you aren't, then I'm not." What could be bothering her right now? She has been so happy the past few days, what's wrong?

"Ok..." she sighs. "I just... keep seeing people around, and, they all are with their families... and I know we have each other, but my brother and parents are gone." Jane is about to cry, I can see it.

"Hey," I say in a soothing voice. "I know that you are sad, so we can still go home now and leave this place. We haven't payed for anything yet and I won't be able to eat if you are sad."

She looks up from staring at the ground. "But this is your birthday... and I can't ruin it by being selfish."

"You won't ruin it for me. I will be the happiest man in the world if I could just be with you on my birthday, or any other day. We don't have to be anywhere fancy for me to love you." Now the tears fall.

"Really?" She manages to say and I slip into the other side of the booth and hold her.

"Really."

"Okay... let's go then." She whispers. I hold her hand and we cancel our order before we walk out and down the street. The cool winter air seems to calm her down.

When we get into the apartment, I kiss her forehead and we crawl into bed together. I hold her while we watch TV and I hold her while we fall asleep; this is honestly the best birthday I have ever had.