Chapter 9

Perth

I headed out to my car and took off. I knew exactly where I was going and what I was going to do when I got there. I was still a little shocked that Saint had lied about his parents like that, but I wasn't going to bring it up. As much as I wanted to give him a smack on the head for being such a wuss with the producer, and everyone at the set, I knew how hard this had to be for him.

What I really couldn't wait to see was the look on his face when I told him about the new policy. I knew he would be relieved to know that the producer would take him back, no matter what his status was.

I knocked on the door a couple times before I heard Saint shuffling around inside. "Who's there?" he asked through the door after I knocked for the third time.

"It's me. Please let me in, Saint. I need to talk to you."

"It's not a good time," he said through the door again.

"Saint, come on," I said, raising my voice so that it boomed down the hall. "We need to talk. Why are you doing this?"

"All right." The door opened up a crack and I pushed it open the rest of the way so that I could enter. And there he was, in nothing but a huge T-shirt that almost came down to his knees.

"What are you wearing?" I asked as I closed the door behind me. I looked around the living room and was shocked to see the state it was in. The entire apartment was a mess. There were Chinese food containers everywhere and piles of clothes all over the floor. It looked like Saint had taken all the clothes he owned out of his closet and scattered them over every inch of his apartment.

I watched as Saint's glassy, tear-filled eyes moved down so that he was looking at the shirt he was wearing. "It's a stupid T-shirt my cousin sent me for my birthday a couple years ago. I guess he got the size wrong when he ordered it."

"I'll say. It's enormous. It looks like you're wearing a dress."

"Well, it's the only thing that fits me anymore, Perth!" Saint yelled as he pulled a couple of tissues out of a box he had tucked under one arm. He wiped some tears off his face and blew his nose, then tossed the tissues on the floor. "You have no idea what this has been like for me! You have no idea what it's like to have everything taken away from you! First my parents, and now my whole freaking identity! I was a laughing stock at work yesterday!"

"Saint, you haven't lost anything. Please, listen to me. I talked to the producer —"

"You know what's going to happen if the production finds out the real reason I took a leave of absence, don't you?" Saint said, pulling more tissues out of the box, then throwing them onto the floor once he used them. "There's no way in hell he's going to give me my job back. They don't want omegas on the set, Perth. And if I can't be an actor, I don't know what I'm gonna do. My entire life is falling apart and spiraling out of control. My hormones are going haywire," Saint said in between sobs.

"I can't stop crying, and none of my pants fit me anymore! I can't even get dressed to go out and get more clothes so I can look decent enough to go out and buy groceries! I'm just glad all I've been craving is Chinese food. At least I can get it delivered." Saint covered his face with another wad of tissues, his whole body shaking with each sob. "I hate my life, Perth. I can't do this."

"Saint," I said as I got closer to him. My heart was breaking from hearing him in so much pain. "I want to help you, don't you understand that? It's what I've been trying to do all this time.

Whatever you need ... anything at all ... I'll get it for you. All I want is to take care of you, Saint. That's all I've ever wanted," I said, gently placing my hands on his shoulders. As soon as I did, I could see the tension in Saint's body start to melt away. "I can do all of this for you. I can get you the clothes and the food you need. Just please come home with me. I want you to be with me, in our house."