𝗍 𝗐 𝖾 𝗇 𝗍 𝗒 - 𝗈 𝗇 𝖾

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 TWENTY-ONE

❝ do you know what i believe in? look into my eyes and see ❞

•••

Sophie’s mind was running in overdrive. She hadn’t registered what she was doing until she felt Dean kiss her back.

Oh he’s kissing back, Sophie thought. Wait he’s kissing back.

Sophie was surprised but at the same time wasn’t. She was pretty sure that Dean had feelings for her but she didn’t want to make a move and have her assumption be completely incorrect.

The girl quickly pulled back, Dean chasing her lips to try and kiss her again. Sophie took another swift step back and gaped at the boy. She wasn’t surprised with him but more so herself. Not knowing what to do the girl let out a nervous chuckle while running her hand through her hair.

“I, um, yeah that just happened,” Sophie tried to think of something to say but instead gibberish left her mouth.

The pair stood there in the locker room looking at anything but each other for at least five minutes. Dean was trying to find something to say that would make up for yelling at her but he couldn’t figure out what could make up for it. Sophie was attempting to figure out what to say regarding the kiss but nothing came to mind.

“Soph, I'm sorry. About everything. I know you wouldn’t do that to us. I was being a jackass and you didn’t deserve that. I shouldn’t have yelled and I’m sorry that I reminded you of your dad. I don’t want to ever hurt you like that ever again,” Dean rambled as he grabbed one of the girl’s hands and fiddled with her fingers.

“You were kind of a jackass,” Sophie tried to suppress her laugh before continuing. “But I guess I forgive you. I think it might mainly be that you’re a good kisser.”

“Oh so you’re fueling my ego now?” Dean teased as he intertwined his fingers with Sophie’s.
Sophie laughed as she shrugged her shoulders. An idea suddenly popped into her head causing her to gasp loudly. Dean looked at her with concern written all across his face, trying to read the girl’s face.

“I’m an actual genius oh my gosh. To help us beat Iceland, we watch their tapes to learn their tricks and their weaker spots. We figure out their strengths and weaknesses and we use them to our advantage,” Sophie told the boy her idea before it vanished to the back of her mind like many of the things she never says.

“You’re much smarter than anyone gives you credit for.”

Dean watched the girl as she smiled up at him in excitement and her mind raced a million miles per minute. Sophie let go of the boy’s hand to grab her bag, swinging it over her shoulder and turning back to him.

“Well let’s go tell the team,” Sophie said as she tried to rush out of the locker room.

“Hold on, wait, what was the kiss about? Was there feelings behind it for you or?” Dean trialed off as he looked at the girl in front of him.

Sophie dropped her bag from her shoulder, grabbing Dean’s hand. She stepped closer to him as her eyebrows furrowed. She gave the boy’s hand a gentle squeeze in an attempt to reassure him while his eyes ran across her face searching for any hint of emotion.

“Of course there was. I tho—" Sophie began to speak before the boy cut her off.

“Well don’t just ignore the fact that it happened then," Dean's voice sounded disheartened as he shook his head. 

Sophie knew that she couldn't ignore the fact that she kissed Dean. She just didn't want to bring it up because she was embarrassed. She was scared it would ruin everything between them and whatever their relation to each other had turned into.

“I'm—” Sophie tried to speak again but Dean once again cut her off.

“I’m not an idiot!" Dean raised his voice slightly before shutting his eyes closed.

"I never said you were!" Sophie defended as she stared at the boy.

"I know that there's a possibility that everything between us will end when this is all over. Soph, I don't want that. I care about you too much for you to not stick around just like everyone else in my life,” as Dean spoke, his voice slowly began to lose its intensity.

His voice began to break toward the end of his words. Sophie slowly squeezed his hand once again trying to reassure him. She wanted nothing more than the two of them to be laying on his bed with Dean's head in her lap, her hands combing through his hair. She wanted to tell him that she was never leaving him and that everything in life would turn out okay. She wrapped her arms around Dean's neck, his arms founding their place around her waist where he pulled her closer to him.

“Dean, you're a great guy. I just, I like you a lot okay? I don't want to be like everyone else. I want to be the person that stays because I know how much it sucks to be the one that gets left. You deserve someone who stays and I want to be that person,” Sophie told the boy, he chin resting on his shoulder.

“That’s all I needed to hear."

Dean pulled away from their hug slightly to look at the girl. Sophie smiled at the boy as he placed a kiss to her forehead.

"So you turned down a guy in a band for me, huh?" Dean asked in a teasing tone as he rested his forehead against Sophie's. "Guess I must be a pretty good kisser then."

"Nevermind I'm going to go ask Reggie out now," Sophie joked as she pulled away from the boy's grasp.

Dean quickly pulled her back into his arms, tucking his face into the crook of her neck.

"Don't leave me," Dean quietly whined as he tightened his grip around her waist.

"Only if you be my boyfriend," Sophie smiled as her chin once again rested on Dean's shoulder.

"That can be arranged."