𝗌 𝗂 𝗑

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫

❝ this life's too short to waste it ❞

•••

"STAY still or I will mess up!"

Kenny and Sophie were sitting on the boy's bed and Kenny was dutch braiding her hair.

"But you pull too hard and it hurts," she whined as he tightened the section he was working on.

"It's not my fault you have a sensitive scalp," Kenny scoffed as he continued braiding.

Sophie pouted before putting her attention back on the television which was playing an episode of Roundhouse. She stared at the screen as she watched the skits and laughed at the appropriate times.

"Stop drooling over Dominic and Mark for five seconds please and tell me if you like the braid so I can do the next one," Kenny sighed as he tied off the first braid.

"I was not drooling. And for your information, I also like Ivan so ha. You missed one," Sophie stuck her tongue out at the boy.

"Shut up and check your hair."

After checking the braid and giving Kenny the okay to do the next one, Sophie returned to watching the show. Luis and Dwayne walked into the room and sat on their beds turning to the television.

"Hey where's the remote?" Luis asked as he looked around his bed.

Sophie gasped and turned to the boy. Luis found it and made a noise in victory. Kenny didn't even look up from the girl's hair as he spoke.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Dwayne and Luis turned to the other boy in confusion. Sophie's face now held a look of anger instead of the offended look she had moments earlier.

"Why not?" Dwayne asked Kenny.

"If you turn it off of Roundhouse I will beat you with the remote," Sophie said as she stared into Luis' eyes.

Fulton, who had just walked in, sighed and looked at Luis.

"Don't do it man. Trust me. You don't want to know."

Sophie smiled as she turned back to the screen and sighed dreamily as she saw Dominic and Mark. She totally had a not so secret celebrity crush on them and Ivan. But if she were to get teased about it she would punch whoever made fun of her. As the episode came to an end, Kenny tied off the second and final braid and patted the top of Sophie's head.

"I just, I love Roundhouse," Sophie smiled.

"More like you're in love with Dominic Lucero," Fulton laughed.

Sophie glared at him and scoffed.

"You forgot Mark and Ivan. She literally corrected me when I forgot Mark," Kenny sighed and threw himself back on his bed.

"Actually you forgot Ivan but I'll let it slide."

All the boys groaned as Sophie laughed in amusement. She left the room saying she was going to find the girls but quickly changed her mind as she spotted Dean down the hallway.

"Dean! It's your lucky day. I have decided to grace you with my presence," Sophie smiled at the boy.

"Well I guess it is my lucky day."

The two smiled at each other before they continued to walk down the hall and to Dean's room. They walked in and Sophie immediately flopped onto his bed not even caring that the other was her brother's. Dean laid down on the bed next to her with his arms behind his head.

"What should we do?" Sophie asked.

"I have no idea."

"I would say we could watch Roundhouse but the episode already ended," Sophie sighed.

"You and Roundhouse, I swear," Dean chuckled as he looked over at the girl.

"It's a good show," Sophie huffed before looking at Dean. "What should we do?"

Dean sighed and stared at the ceiling in thought. What could they do that wouldn't make them late for their game in two hours? Go to a diner.

"Get up and get your shoes on. We're going to the diner across the street," Dean smiled as he tossed her one of his flannel and slipped on his own shoes.

Sophie pulled the flannel on and slipped on her boots before following Dean out of the room. They walked out of the dorms building and down the street to the cross walk. They crossed the street and made their way down the street and into the small diner that reminded Sophie of Mickey's in Minnesota.

"This time my father can't come put me in a bad mood," Sophie joked with a smile on her face.

Dean chuckled at her and looked down at his menu. Sophie did the same, tapping her fingers on the counter to the rhythm of the song playing in the diner. As the two scanned the menu they made comments about what they might order. After giving the waitress their order, Sophie turned to face Dean.

"So how are you enjoying California so far?" The girl asked as her hands messed with the hem of the flannel she wore.

"Soph, babe, we've been here for like seventeen hours," Dean laughed.

The girl softly laughed before thanking the waitress who set their milkshakes in front of the two. She took a sip as she looked back over to Dean who smiled at her. They softly chatted about their lives as they waited for the small amount of food that they ordered.

"Yeah Fulton played football for a while. He never enjoyed it and I hated having to watch him play. Sure hockey is rough but at least with hockey I'm either on the bench or playing alongside him and he actually enjoys it. At least I hope he enjoys it," Sophie sighed as she messed with the buttons on the flannel.

"Why did he play football if he didn't like it?" Dean furrowed his eyebrows.

"Our dad. He always pressured Ful into playing sports and football was what our dad thought was best."

Dean nodded as he took in her features. When he was putting his things away the night before, he noticed he had lost his sketch of her and wanted to draw another one. The only problem was that he couldn't do it without her noticing and he was not going to flat out ask to draw her. He was Dean Portman. How would it look if people knew he could draw let alone did it for fun?

The waitress brought out their fries and set them in front of the pair. Dean let Sophie grab some first just like last time. She smiled at him before making a comment.

"If Jennifer and Will saw me right now they would scold me for only eating fries before a game," Sophie laughed before taking a sip of her milkshake.

"Who's Jennifer and Will?"

"Oh Jennifer is my hockey coach and Will is Kenny's figure skating coach. They're engaged," Sophie smiled at the chance to talk about the couple.

Eventually the two finished their fries and milkshakes before Dean distracted Sophie long enough for him to pay for the two of them. On their way out, they decided to head back to the dorms to grab their hockey gear for their game.