𝗍 𝗐 𝖾 𝗇 𝗍 𝗒 - 𝗇 𝗂 𝗇 𝖾

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

❝ once and for all there'll be blood on the wall if they doubt us ❞

•••

Sophie was let out of the penalty box right as Adam was put on the ice, the pair switching out with their teammates. The girl knew that Adam was nervous to play after not being on the ice for a few games but she also knew that he was more capable than he was aware of.

As Adam was maneuvering the puck around the ice, Sophie helped keep Iceland players off of him with the help of their teammates. However, one of the Iceland players bumped into Adam, causing him to start to fall.

A different player whacked the blonde in the arm with his stick, the entirety of the USA team on the bench jumping up in protest. Sophie did not care that she had just come out of the penalty box or that she could be thrown out of the game for good during the first quarter.

She skated towards the guy and shoved him away from Adam, Averman grabbing onto her shoulders to keep her from doing anything else. As soon as she took her attention off of the Iceland players, Sophie was stopped in front of Adam and helped him up off the ground with his good arm.

“Hey ref, why don’t you call something? He almost took his arm off!” Bombay shouted from the bench, just as infuriated as the team.

The Iceland player who had hit Banks was sent to the box for two minutes, not that he was complaining. He seemed to be proud of his penalty which disgusted Sophie.

“Get in the box you big goon!” Kenny told the player as he skated past the penalty box.

“Are you alright? How bad is it?” Sophie questioned as she helped Adam back towards the bench.

The pair were going to sit out for a while, Adam to check out his wrist and Sophie to cool her temper. She felt it was far, knowing that if an Iceland player so much as breathed in her direction at the moment, she would try and start a fight.

“I’m okay,” Adam assured the girl and their coach as he sat on the bench next to Bombay. “They just hit the pad. Really.”

The team members on the bench all consoled Adam, trying to lift his spirits. Sophie sat next to him, sighing as she watched their teammates on the ice. They seemed more determined now.

Maybe it had something to do with being done with Iceland treating them like they were less than them. Maybe it had something to do with wanting to get back at them for hurting Adam. Maybe it was both or something, Sophie wasn’t sure. She was sure however, that she was thankful for it.

It was short lived when Dwayne was tripped by an Iceland player as he tried to show off. Luis sped off trying to stop the player who retrieved the puck but was unsuccessful as he tripped the both of them, causing Iceland to score as they went into the net. Iceland was now three to nothing and Sophie was slowly losing hope.