𝖾 𝗅 𝖾 𝗏 𝖾 𝗇

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

❝ i'll train them to be like an army that's marching to war ❞

•••

"We're going out tonight no excuses."

Dean looked up from his sketch book as he sighed. He looked over at Sophie who had sat up from her laying position on the boy's bed.

"Yeah okay," Dean said as he looked back down at the sketch he had been working on since Fulton and Adam had left the room.

Sophie resumed reading the book, The Outsiders, in her hands with a smile. Dean looked over to the girl and smiled as he looked back at the page he was drawing on. He worked on defining the outline of the sketch before working on the little details. Looking back at Sophie, Dean memorized the way she looked holding the book above her as she read. Dean turned back to his sketch as he drew her eyebrows and the slight furrow they had.

"No!"

Dean whipped around in his chair to see tears running down Sophie's cheeks. The girl closed the book and set it to the side, closing her eyes while folding her hands over her stomach.

"Are you okay?" Dean spoke slowly as he gave the girl a confused look.

"No I'm not okay. My boy just died," Sophie sighed deeply as she rolled over and shoved her face in Dean's pillow.

Dean softly chuckled as he closed his sketchbook and made his way to his bed, sitting next to Sophie. He gently rubbed the girl's back as she groaned into the pillow. She turned her face to look at Dean as she wiped under her eyes.

"He really just died. He deserved better."

"I know Soph. I know," Dean chuckled as he continued to rub her back. "How about you save the rest of the book for later and go get ready so we can go out."

Sophie sighed before agreeing and sitting up. She grabbed her book and Dean walked with her to the door where she kissed his cheek quickly before exiting the room. Dean stood frozen for a moment before he heard someone chuckling.

He looked up and saw Luis and Averman watching from their door across the hall. Dean rolled his eyes before closing his door and going to get ready.

Sophie immediately realized she had no idea what to wear and went to Kenny's room and tugged his out and to her room. Kenny laughed as Sophie closed her door and immediately flopped, face first, onto her bed. Kenny raised an eyebrow as he listened to her mumble into her pillow.

"You know I have no idea what you just said, right?" Kenny laughed as she groaned into the pillow.

"I have no idea what to wear. Dean and I are going out and for some reason this time feels different," Sophie spoke after rolling over and looking at the ceiling.