𝗍 𝗁 𝗋 𝖾 𝖾

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

❝ it's a crooked game we're playin' ❞

•••

"SHOWTIME!"

Dean winked at Sophie who shook her head while stifling a laugh at his antics.

Dean skated around singing and pushing his way through the Ducks' players. He shoved down another player before wrapping his arm around Dwayne.

"Come on Tex! Sing it with me!" Dean encouraged with a smile on his face. Dwayne however looked terrified.

"Dean let him be!" Sophie laughed.

"Only for you," Dean responded with yet another wink.

He then moved on to shove another Duck over before handing Julie his hockey stick. The boy then made his way over to Sophie and Kenny.

Dean grabbed Kenny and set him on top of the goal before turning to Sophie. He once again leaned against the wall of the rink next to Sophie. A Duck player came near the pair and Dean shoved them over. This caused Sophie to roll her eyes and Fulton came over to them yelling at Dean.

The brunette girl left the two to argue and scanned the ice for her best friend. She noticed someone yelling something about a short stack and skated over to the voice. Nobody but Sophie got to call Kenny short stack. It just so happened to be Jesse yelling at Kenny. Sophie shoved the boy away from Kenny.

"Leave him alone," Sophie said while she shoved Jesse.

"Oh who's your boyfriend? The big goon or the short guy?" He commented.

"Neither if you must know. They're both my friends. Guys and girls can be friends with no feelings," Sophie said rolling her eyes.

"Is there a problem Jesse?" Fulton said as he skated between the boy and his sister.

"Yeah is there?" Dean said as he stood behind Sophie after his argument with Fulton.

Before Jesse could respond to anyone, Bombay blew his whistle.

"Everybody freeze!" Bombay yelled, causing everyone to turn to him.

Dean set his hands on Sophie's shoulder and put his focus on his new coach. Sophie mentally rolled her eyes at the boy before also focusing on the coach.

"Now we didn't come here to fight, we came here to play hockey. We're Team USA. You represent your country," Coach Bombay started his speech.

"That's right," Tibbles agreed, cutting Bombay off.

Bombay gave Tibbles a look as if to shut up. Tibbles nodded his head and let the coach continue.

"Now I want you," Bombay started again.