O2.

[ NOTE: eunseo (wjsn) plays a minor role in this story and her real name, son juyeon, is mentioned from time to time. please don't confuse it with lee juyeon! ]

The night at the restaurant was the day when their interaction ended.

Juyeon has been busy with school and he assumes Hyunjae also is, because after that night, they never talked again. Hyunjae never texted him, and Juyeon is too shy and prideful to text the other first. In the week that passed, Juyeon hoped that Hyunjae would reach out to him first, because he really wants to be close friends with the guy.

He looks at his phone, where a message is still waiting to be seen ever since he sent it this morning.

To: chanhee ♡ (11:02 AM)
are you free tonight? let's meet up.

It is also worth mentioning that in the week that had passed, Chanhee never stayed true to his promise of making up to Juyeon.

"Something bothering you, Ju?" Younghoon snaps him out of his thoughts.

"Hm? Nothing. Just thinking about the exam I'm taking later."

His friend only nods. They continue to eat their food in comfortable silence. Younghoon is quiet because he's texting with someone, probably making moves with the cheerleader he has been talking about for days, while Juyeon returns to his textbook while still eating. He is great at multitasking, and his friends always express how jealous they are of him because of that, especially Eunseo.

"Oh, this reminds me." Eunseo looks up from her phone. "What happened with that Hyunjoo dude? Did he text you already?"

Juyeon shakes his head. "Nope. Still no news from him. Haven't seen him around campus either. And it's Hyunjae, Juyeon 2. Jae."

"You're the uglier Juyeon, so you should be Juyeon 2." Eunseo makes a face. "Just call me Eunseo. Younghoon is too stupid to not confuse us with each other."

"I heard that."

The girl ignores their still-busy friend and instead sternly looks at Juyeon. "How about your boyfriend? I haven't seen him these days. Did he take you out in exchange of letting you wait?"

Juyeon shakes his head again. "Apart from his text about not bothering him this week because he is busy, I haven't heard anything from him either. Never even saw him in person."

"That's such a contrast to the Chanhee who walks you to school and clings onto your arm during sophomore year."

Juyeon thinks it's weird that Chanhee doesn't even bother to show himself for weeks now. The campus isn't that small, but it isn't that big either for him to not even see a glimpse of his boyfriend in school. He tried asking Changmin, but the best friend only told him to understand Chanhee because the latter has been very busy with school — classes, glee club, council.

It's a pretty shitty excuse, honestly. Did Changmin forget that Juyeon is also a member — even the vice president — of the council? And as far as Juyeon can remember, they don't have any events to prepare because of the upcoming exams.

Juyeon doesn't like to think that Chanhee already broke up with him by ghosting him. No, Chanhee is too sweet and kind for that. He still believes that the younger is just busy, but with his friends constantly telling him otherwise, Juyeon can't help but be worried about the future of their relationship.

"You know, if I were you I'd dump him already." Younghoon finally tears his eyes away from the phone. "I told you right from the start. Chanhee isn't the type to settle for a serious relationship. Dump him before he dumps you, Ju. That'll hurt less."

"I don't want to. Maybe he's just really busy..."

Eunseo frustratedly plants both of her hands on the table. "Oh for fucks' sake! I'm a club leader too, I have a girlfriend too, and I take academics seriously too, but do you see me hiding from you for weeks? No! I still find time to hang out with you guys so if I can do it, then that two-faced jerk can do it as well!"

"Hey, calm down." Younghoon guides the younger back to her seat the same time Juyeon lets out a quiet "It isn't nice to call Chanhee that".

Eunseo looks at him dead in the eye. "You're such a doormat. A simp. A fucking martyr. I can't wait for the day I get to tell you that I told you so."

"Jesus Christ, Son Juyeon. Fucking calm down!" Younghoon finally succeeds in making Eunseo shut up.

Juyeon isn't a doormat. He's just a person in love, willing to do and endure anything if it means keeping the relationship he treasures for so long.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

The oldest of the three snaps his fingers, catching the other two's attention. "Eunseo has a point though. How long has it been since you last saw Chanhee? Two weeks?"

"Three weeks." Juyeon silently corrects him, and the look of disappointment in Younghoon's face became even more visible.

"I know I have no say in your relationship but Ju, this isn't normal! You can't just leave your lover in the dark without even any texts for weeks! He doesn't look like he truly loves you. I'm not dictating you to do this, but you better dump him before he dumps you."

"That's what I'm trying to say!" Eunseo chirps.

Being with Chanhee was something Juyeon had longed for far so long. Right from the moment the younger smiled at him Juyeon knew that he has to spend the rest of his life with Chanhee. It took him a lot of pinning, a lot of manning up, a lot of courage and confidence and confession attempts to get the boy with the blonde hair and the shy heartwarming hugs. Juyeon must be stupid to give up everything all because Chanhee can't even text or meet up with him. A relationship requires patience. Chanhee is just busy, and Juyeon is willing to be patient and wait for him.

He's not a martyr. He's just a sensible person not easily swayed by negative what if's.

"I'll give him one last chance." Juyeon says so that his friends can finally stop meddling with his lovelife. "If he still doesn't reach out to me before Sunday, I'll break up with him. Okay?"

"Make it until Wednesday only." Eunseo bargains.

"Sunday."

"Friday?"

"Sunday."

"Fine." Eunseo slumps to her seat, defeated.

"Let's change the topic." Younghoon announces. "Do you guys have any classes on Saturday, late afternoon?"

Eunseo shakes her head, as well as Juyeon. "Why'd you ask?"

Younghoon just grins, holding his phone high in the air as if it's some bottle of champagne. "Party at my place! Let's get wasted before the exams."