18.

content warning!
there's a part where chanhee forcibly kissed juyeon as well as a slightly nsfw scene at the end, starting from "pulling away will never be an easy mission for him". there's also strong language in that part i'm sorry. please skip it if you're uncomfortable!

also, this is slightly longer than usual and is dialogue-heavy. enjoy!

From: present hyung (9:52 AM)
hey, it's younghoon-hyung's birthday today, just in case you forgot. you're coming... right?

Of course, he will. Juyeon wouldn't miss a day as special as this even for the world. He texts a quick reply to Hyunjae, telling him to update him with the time and place, as well as an apology for being missing in action the past week.

Only a few seconds passed when Hyunjae replied, it's alright lol. we aren't angry or anything, but u better haul ur ass here later unless u want hoon to stop talking to u forever.

Juyeon snorts, dropping his phone by his bed so that he can prepare an outfit for later. Their first stop is Younghoon's favorite bakery — Juyeon should've expected this — before they'll head to the theater and then eventually to the amusement park. The birthday boy is really still a child at heart, Juyeon muses.

It was going fine. He sends a text to Chanhee wishing him good luck on his group study as well as notifying him about his plans with his friends. When he didn't get a reply back, Juyeon just assumed that his boyfriend is busy, not letting the situation affect his excitement for the day.

It's been so long since he last spent time with his friends outside of school, and he's going to enjoy every single second.

Or not.

There's a hand grabbing his wrist, and Juyeon lets himself be hauled back into his apartment to receive the scowl on his lover's face. "Why are you so persistent on going out? Do you really have to go?"

Juyeon smiles softly, shakes off the hand in his wrist in order to kiss the shorter boy's forehead. "Chanhee, don't be ridiculous. It's just one night, I haven't seen them for days."

"You can just call them. And you're very dressed up too. Are you sure you're just meeting them?"

"Yes, baby." He plants a short peck on Chanhee's pouting lips. "Should I walk you back to the library before I go?"

"No, I'm coming with you."

Juyeon's eyebrows furrow. "But you have an important exam tomorrow—"

"And I will have a hard time studying if you leave me alone tonight." Chanhee looks at him dead in the eye. If looks can kill, Juyeon might as well be dead by now. He gulps. Why is he acting like this? "I might as well just tag along and watch over you, no?"

"Hee—"

The blond gave him no time to talk. Juyeon can only watch in silence as Chanhee gathers his things and fixes himself, really adamant on tagging along even if it means abandoning his classmates that were waiting for him in the library.

Juyeon almost hit the send button on his messaging app informing his friends about the slight change of plans when Chanhee talked once again.

"I don't like them for you."

There's a moment of silence after Chanhee spoke. When he realized that Chanhee isn't going to elaborate his statement without him saying anything, Juyeon can only let out a confused "...What?"

"Younghoon-hyung and Eunseo. You can do better than that, Ju. I can introduce you to some of my classmates, they're nice and I trust them."

He stares at him, dumbfounded. "You don't trust my friends?"