23

12 GRIMMAULD PLACE
_____________

Snape and I arrived at the Black's House two hours later, after a long broom flight since he considered it better not to let the Ministry know the location, for the safety of the Order

Snape and I arrived at the Black's House two hours later, after a long broom flight since he considered it better not to let the Ministry know the location, for the safety of the Order. Being back in London after that surrealistic year felt weird, the city didn't change a bit but it felt like nothing was the same nor would ever be. Once we entered, a long hallway received us, some voices could be heard from inside the rooms and I could feel my heart hitting hard against my chest. I was literally venturing into the lion's den. Without exchanging a word, Snape walked in front of me, silently indicating me to follow him.

While we were walking, I gave a little gaze to the portraits hung and one in special, which was covered, called my attention but when I felt Snape grabbing the sleeve of my leather jacket and dragging me to keep walking, I returned my eyes to the hallway. We finally got to the kitchen and I couldn't help but keep my eyes looking to the floor. I was too shy to even lift my eyes and honestly, my boots seemed very interesting at that moment.

"Here she is," Snape spoke for the first time.

I encouraged myself to give a discreet look to the room and found all eyes on me so I couldn't low mine again. The dining table was huge and almost fully occupied. I recognized Ronald, Ginevra Weasley and the twins, accompanied by their unconditional friend Granger. I guessed the adult ginger man who seemed very nice but to be in his own world was their father and the lady who was cooking but still with her eyes on me - not very kind ones though - was their mother, Molly Weasley, neé Prewett. Shit.

As head of the table, I saw a man who seemed to be in his 40s, brown long curly hair, piercing eyes that were analyzing me with an undecipherable look, and well-dressed. I bet he was Sirius Black.

"Welcome, Lilith. We were waiting for you." Remus Lupin talked with his usual kind smile, sitting next to Black.

"Hello, professor." I smiled back at him knowing he was the only person in that house who made me feel comfortable. In front of him, there was a witch with purple hair and blue eyes who was looking at me very curious but still in a nice way.

"She's your niece?" the curly-haired man spoke without addressing me directly. "She looks nothing like you."

"Lucky me then," I whispered in a low voice, gaining Snape looking daggers at me. Oops, maybe it wasn't so low.

"Whatever." he started changing the topic. "I have already done my part. I have to go back to the school since professor Dumbledore requires me. Lupin, can I trust you to keep an eye on Lilith?"

"Of course Dumbledore is always your priority," I said before being able to control myself. Rolling my eyes and crossing my arms. "And I told you, you shouldn't bother Professor Lupin. I'm not his responsibility. I can take care of myself."