Chapter 1

beep beep beep

I groaned as my alarm clock went off. I silenced my phone and stared at the taunting numbers on it. 

5:30 AM

I rubbed my face as I groaned. Last night was filled with tossing and turning. I did not sleep well and was not looking forward to today. 

I stood up and stretched, hearing my joints pop at the motion. I flicked the lamp on beside my twin bed and headed towards my bathroom. SHIELD didn't provide the most luxurious living quarters, but it works for me. 

After brushing my teeth and hair, which I threw up into a bun, I pulled on my black scrub set. I was a medical assistant at SHIELD's facilities. Before you ask, no I've never met the Avengers and no I don't really care to. 

SHIELD's facilities were mainly for new recruits, agents, and other support personnel. It was a lot of physicals, shots, and post mission injury recovery. Very boring but very predictable and that was exactly what I liked. 

I slipped on some tennis shoes and grabbed my phone and watch. I headed down the hall and grabbed a granola bar on my way to the medical building. I couldn't be bothered to wake up any earlier even if it meant actually going to the dining hall to have a proper breakfast. 

Pushing my way into the medical building, after scanning my badge I was greeted by Dr. Henderson. A nice man in his mid 50s that had a quirky sense of humor.  

"Good morning Dr. Henderson," I said and waved as I walked to my desk to clock in and get my computer up. 

"Mornin," he said with his mouth half full of muffin and his eyes reading a news article on his computer. I stifled a laugh and went to prep my rooms for the day. 

After making sure each room was stocked and ready, I pulled up the schedule. 

6:00-Agent 15 physical 

6:10-Agent 89 injury follow up

6:20- new recruit physical 

I sighed and clicked on the first half of the day to get their reports printed out. I felt bad that the new agents always had to get up before the crack of dawn just for a physical. However, SHIELD liked to work as efficiently as possible. That doubled for Dr. Henderson too. He loved being up early before the sun and 'seize the day' you remember him telling you. 

I looked up to notice our first patient was here. I grabbed his paper and went to the hallway to call him back. 

It was finally lunch time. Thankfully, SHIELD had hindsight to put a mini cafeteria in the medical building. I grabbed a sandwich and headed back to my desk to chart the different vaccines I gave  throughout the day. As I was finishing a flu shot, I got an email notification. 

Dr. Bruce Banner to visit SHIELD medical facility. 

My eyes slightly widened. We weren't already due for an evaluation right? Our yearly had been last month. Dr. Banner is in charge of making sure our facility is up to code every year. I guess he wasn't too busy with the Avengers. 

After the Sokovia incident, the Avengers had grown nearly double by what it started out with. I knew that they all lived in the tower in downtown New York. Currently the Avengers comprised of the original 6, Scarlett Witch, Quicksilver, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Loki, Vision and War Machine. Black Panther assisted on a consultation basis only. 

"Dr. Henderson do you know why Dr. Banner is coming?" I asked. He knew Dr. Banner from medical school days when they overlapped. 

"Something about them needing additional medical help," he shrugged his shoulders and went back to watching soccer on one of his monitors. I shrugged my shoulders and went back to charting as well as prepping for our afternoon patients. 

"Okay Agent 22, we will see you in a week to remove those stitches and X Ray your arm again," I smiled at the poor guy who had gotten hurt on his last mission. The man around my age smiled and laughed. 

"See you next week, H" I waved and he hopped off the bed and exited the room. I turned to clean it when I hear Dr. Henderson shout from the back hallway, 

"We have a code 1022 coming in! I need procedure room 1 prepped STAT!" I dropped what I was doing and ran to grab a surgical kit and began to set up a sterile tray. 

After the tray was set up, I pulled our Dr. Henderson's sterile gloves and began grabbed the types of sutures he likes. 

"What's going on Dr. Henderson?" I asked as he dropped his stethoscope on his desk and grabbed his glasses. 

"We have an agent in a training accident. Several lacerations, but no other trauma sighted." I nodded my head as a couple of agents walked another agent in that was holding a towel to his forehead. 

I rushed over to help him lay down and began to place a drape over him to keep the rest of him clean from blood. Or maybe his injury clean from the dirt. 

"5 CC of 2% with epi please," Dr. Henderson stated as he donned his sterile gloves. I grabbed the lidocaine with epinephrine and drew it up for him. I handed him the needle and he began to numb up the agent's forehead. 

The procedure went well. Once we cleaned out the laceration, the agent's cut wasn't as bad as it looked. Dr. Henderson stitched him up a few layers and then sent him off to x ray to make sure he didn't have any other head injuries. 

"Good work today, Harmony." I smiled over at Dr. Henderson while he disposed of his sterile gloves. I turned back to the mess of a procedure room and began to throw the biohazards into the red bin. Little did I know, that a certain doctor had been watching me the whole time from behind a one way mirror.