Chapter 28

Weeks had passed. No one could find her. It was like she had disappeared off the face of the earth. Not even Heimdall could find her. Little did they know that one call will change everything forever. 

I blinked as I heard the speakers turn on. 

"Brann! Kle på seg. Det er slips." his cold voice comes on. I blink as I stood up, an empty shell of my former self. If none of my soulmates have found me by now, I was doomed. 

I got dressed in the red corset top, black jeans, and black combat boots that was my new uniform. I stood in front of the door and waited for the lock to release and slide open. 

I was escorted by 6 guards to a vehicle. Today was my first day in the field. I had been going on minor assignments because they still didn't trust me. I didn't trust myself either. Right and wrong were no longer black and white. The world was full of varying shades of grey. And somewhere I fell in there. 

The vehicle pulled up to a market. We were just outside of Oslo. 

"Gjør en avledning," one of the guards said to me. I nodded and hopped out. My longer hair shaded my face as I walked alongside the buildings. I slowly twirled my hand and created a small spark that caught a stack of hay on fire. I quickly walked away before it exploded. Now that my job was done, the others could grab what they needed. 

I had realized a week into my torture that my crazy ex had started his own cult. Not quite Hydra, but enough to disrupt the peace. In his delusional mind, he was god and could control everything with me as his executioner. 

They had wiped me 5 times. The first two felt like migraines. But the other 3 had me forgetting my childhood and almost my life up until I was 21. 

I stood off to the side and made sure the fire kept spreading. I heard random people screaming for help, but I just stood there. 

"Noen kaller Avengers!" I heard a man cry. 

No, no, no! They can't show up. This was supposed to just confuse the local fire and police. 

I ducked as I heard the whirring noises of Tony's suit. I didn't have a mask on, because we didn't think it was needed. I chuckled at the irony of the whole situation. 

I saw Steve and Bucky start evacuating people on the ground floor, while Sam helped those trapped on top. Steve glanced over and caught my gaze. 

Shit. I'm in trouble. And I don't know which is worse to be caught by. 

I turned and started to speak to an older lady next to me, acting as she was my grandmother and helped move her out of the path of destruction. I knew Steve would focus on the job rather than me. 

I felt my mark slowly tingle. I thought David had managed to cut off the connection, effectively tricking both sides into thinking the other was dead. After I moved into an alleyway, I heard footsteps behind me. I threw a fireball behind as I turned around, only to see Wanda move it with her hands. 

Natasha had her batons out and was ready to strike. 

"Please don't do this," Wanda pleaded, her eyes watering. I took a shaky breath in. 

"He'll kill me," was my only reply.  I began fighting Nat hand to hand while trying to keep Wanda distracted with fire. I heard a loud explosion go off. Part 2 of David's plan was in full swing. Nat managed to pin me, while Wanda pushed her magic through my head. 

I screamed in pain, but slowly felt their emotions again. I felt everything at a heightened level. Nat let go of me and stood next to Wanda. I slowly got up. 

"I need to do something first," Wanda nodded, knowing exactly what I was going to do. I felt my body engulf in flames and I shot up into the sky back towards the base. I could see the rest of the team had gotten the fire mostly under control. 

I went barreling in through the window of my prison. David stood there, shocked. 

"You did this to me!" I shot fireball after fireball at him, he running and ducking. "You ruined my life! For what? For you to play god?" I flew up and sent a fire wave towards him. David fell down and began scrambling back. I saw my eyes in the reflection off the machine and saw they were black. 

David looked at me with fear. I began to charge up my hands, when I felt someone watching me. 

"Harmony, don't do this. It's not you," Steve's voice came from behind me. He, Bucky, and Pietro were watching me. I felt fear and hurt course through my body as their emotions overwhelmed me. I faltered and fell slightly. I grabbed a desk and pushed myself up. 

"He says that I ruin everything I touch. I think he is the one who leaves black marks instead," my voice was cold, cruel. I knew killing was wrong but this cycle of torment will never end. 

"Harmony you are a hero. You don't need to kill," Bucky stated. I began to shake as my flames grew bigger in my hands once more. 

"I'm not the hero. I'm not a villain. I just want to be left alone!" and with a shout, I threw a huge flame of fire towards David letting it burn him until there was nothing but ashes left. 

My flame died down and I collapsed, letting the darkness take me.