Chapter 6

"Miss Harmony, your presence is being requested," I groaned and rubbed my eyes listening to FRIDAY's voice. 

"Thank you Friday," I said standing, making my way to the bathroom. I had a day to brief/go over files and everything before actually being put to work. I pulled on some clothes and grabbed my phone and watch off their chargers. 

Making my way upstairs, I noticed everyone was sprawled out eating/drinking various things. It was 10 AM so it didn't surprise me. 

"Good morning Harmony. Did you sleep well?" Steve asked as he grabbed some bacon from a platter and put them on his plate. I walked over and grabbed a plate to get a little bit of food, as I didn't eat much the previous night. 

"Yes I slept well, thanks for asking Steve," I replied, grabbing a pancake and drizzling syrup over it. They had all been insistent on not having me call them by their formal names at the party the night before. In fact, they almost made me feel like family. 

I grabbed a glass of orange juice and went and sat down next to Bruce. He and the girls were still my safe spots. Bruce took a sip of his coffee as he scrolled on his phone. 

"We'll start by giving you a better tour of the tower, especially the medical bay. I'm sure you'll want to get your rooms set up as you like. There'll also be time for you to review files on everyone here before tomorrow," Bruce spoke as he tapped away on his phone. 

I swallowed my bacon and asked, "what's tomorrow?" Bruce looked up at me and smiled. 

"Well everyone is due for a physical and labs, so figured might as well start your first official day with that for the team," Bruce said and went back to his phone. I made an 'O' shape with my mouth and took a sip of orange juice. 

After clearing my plates into the dishwasher, I moved to clean up the mess of the kitchen island. Sam and Clint waved me off. 

"It's our turn for dishes anyways. You go ahead with Bruce. We'll see you at lunch," Sam said with a smile while he grabbed a large bottle of dish soap. 

"Alright see you," I timidly said and turned to follow Bruce. 

Remembering the layout of the tower was nearly impossible. There were so many floors, labs, rooms; one could get lost forever in it. Thankfully Bruce told me that FRIDAY could help guide me to wherever I needed to go. Technology, so helpful. 

"And this, is the medical bay," Bruce said, walking through the automated doors. Like everything else at the tower, it was impeccable. All white, in a fresh modern sort of way. There were multiple rooms lined up with sliding doors to the main hallway. There were all sorts of lab machines to run blood samples as well as nearly every size needle imaginable. 

"Wow," I spun around, not knowing where to look. Bruce smiled at me. 

"This is the main bay where exams like tomorrows will take place. Like your typical doctor's office, but a bit smaller." Bruce explained as he walked over behind the counter where some computers on desks sat. 

"Here's charting, medications, mostly everything is here. There's a larger storage room that's at least as big as our bedroom suites that you can stock from." Bruce pointed down the hallway. There was a door that was simple and labeled storage on the side. I nodded trying to absorb everything. 

"Behind our desks are several surgical suites. Now it's not John Hopkins or the Mayo Clinic, but they suffice for after missions." Bruce pointed to several large white doors that mimicked the storage door, but taller and wider. I turned to Bruce confused. I was going to help after missions?

"So after missions, you need me to prep surgical suites and rooms too?" I asked trying to understand just what I was getting into. 

Bruce smiled and patted my arm. "Yes. You can set up a code that we can use so you know what you need when we're coming back from a mission. I may even teach you some suturing and such so you can help me. Being the only doctor here is tiring," he said with a little laugh at his joke. Suddenly the doors behind us slid open. 

"Technically, I'm a doctor too," Tony walked in the room and threw his arm over my shoulder. I slightly stiffened but I knew I had to get used to it. Some people were more touchy feely than others. 

"But not a doctor of medicine," Bruce snarked back as he went over to mess with a computer. Tony gave my shoulders a squeeze. 

"Listen Harmie, we are all excited to have found you, let alone have you work along side us," Tony began to rattle off. 

Harmie? What kind of nickname was that? And work along side? I'm not an Avenger. I rolled my eyes mentally. 

"You are a key player here. The player one to our player two's if you will," I could tell Tony was avoiding the point. 

"What do you want?" I asked rather bluntly. Tony looked me first with shock and then smirked. 

"I knew I would like you. Anyways we want to start the get to know you process. No dates, no mushy feelings, simply friends." By now, Tony had walked away and slapped Bruce on the back. 

I sighed and looked out the window. The landing pad backed up to the surgical suites as well as the second elevator. I could see the tip of the wing of the quinjet peeking around the corner. 

"I just came here to do my job," I told them both. I didn't have time for soulmates, or even friends. 

"I think you're going to do a lot more than just your job," Tony winked at me and left the medical bay. I didn't notice that Bruce had creeped out of the room, leaving me along. 

Well I guess it's time to play.