Chapter 14

Walking into the kitchen the next morning, I was greeted by a grinning Natasha and Wanda, sour looking Bucky, and slightly annoyed Tony. I looked at them puzzled and went to grab some cereal. 

Thor came in and walked over to me, wrapping his arm around me and giving me a kiss on the forehead. 

"Good morning Harmony. Did you sleep well last night?" I smiled at his affection but didn't miss the glares coming from Bucky and Tony. 

"Yes I did, Thor. How did you sleep?" I asked politely back. If Thor was anything like I thought, he had already boasted to the others about our date and the boys were very upset. 

"I slept better than I have in a hundred years, my queen!" He laughed and leaned down to steal a kiss from my lips. I was still somewhat modest in public and turned away quickly after returning it. 

Wanda and Natasha were in a near fit of giggles as Thor left the room, Bucky leaving muttering about working out, and Tony saying he was going to go tinker. 

"What?" I asked the two redheads who bursted out laughing. 

"The boys are so jealous that Thor got the first kiss and Pietro got the first date!" Wanda nearly shouted out. 

"You're going to have dates lining up into the next week to try and outdo the others," Natasha said, taking a sip of her coffee. 

"I mean it was bound to happen. What did they expect?" I asked, shrugging my shoulders and eating my cereal. 

Later around lunchtime, I went to the library to find a book to read. Fairing it was Saturday and the team didn't have a mission today, I could ease my mind. 

Rounding the corner of the nonfiction, I bumped into Bucky, nearly dropping a stack of books. 

"Wow there Harmony!" Bucky said, trying to steady myself and the books.

"Sorry Bucky. I kinda can't see over my books," I shyly told him. He smirked and looked at the 5 I had already grabbed to hoard in my room. 

"It's alright doll, I've been looking for you." My heart fluttered, but I tried to shake the feeling. Gotta keep in the right mindspace. 

"Oh?" I looked at him as he took some of my books to carry. 

"Let's go out tonight doll. I don't believe anyone else has snatched you up, so you're mine tonight," the way his voice dropped an octave at the end of that sentence nearly had me dropping the rest of my books. 

"Oh okay um where should I meet you and when?" His eyes seemed to darken a bit but he smiled. 

"6 pm sharp, garage. Wear something that you can move in." With that he winked and stacked the remaining books on my tower and left the library. I about dropped the books again but managed to save them using a table.

Spending the majority of my day in my room reading, I felt my heart fluttering at the thought of tonights date. I looked at the clock and decided it was time to get ready. I threw on a simple dress with some spandex underneath and comfortable sandals, as well as a jean jacket. 

The weather was the perfect so that I could get away with wearing some lighter pieces and just a jacket on top. I walked down to the elevator and had FRIDAY take me to the garage. Standing in front of a car, was Bucky, dressed in dark denim and a t shirt and leather jacket. 

"You ready?" I nodded and he opened the door for me to slide in. After a quick drive, we ended up at a restaurant/dance club. It was nice but not too formal or too shady. 

We skipped the line and was led to a booth towards the back. Bucky and I slid in and ordered food. I realized that he wasn't so dark and broody like everyone thought he was. Or maybe he was just trying to impress me? Either way, I enjoyed the two of us. 

After eating, Bucky stood up and held his hand out. 

"Would you like to dance?" I smiled, having not shared that I liked to dance and was quite good at it. 

"Of course," I replied, taking his hand and following his lead. 

Our bodies swayed to the music. It was somewhere in between ballroom and a tango. We laughed and goofed off, not really caring who saw us. I felt his metal hand on my back under my jacket while his flesh one held mine. I smiled looking at him. He looked so relaxed and carefree. 

"Are you ready, doll?" Before I could respond, Bucky had flipped me over and twirled me. I was grateful that I remembered how to spot so I wouldn't leave my dinner all over the dance floor. 

Nearing the end of the song, we finished with a hug and a soft kiss. I heard clapping. We turned to look to see that everyone had become memorized by us and were cheering for us. I blushed and hid my face in Bucky's chest, feeling him rumble with laughter. He waved to everyone and escorted us back out to the car. 

In the car, we laughed and joked about how we always managed to draw attention to ourselves, even if we didn't mean to. Bucky leaned over and put his flesh hand on my face, stroking my cheek. 

"Tonight was the happiest I've ever seen you. Why don't you open up more to the team?" I looked down, blushing. 

"I'm boring and all my life I've hidden on the sidelines as a support character. I'm not used to being the main character." Bucky nodded and pressed his forehead to mine. 

"Well doll, you're my main character," with that, his eyes darkened as he glanced down at my lips before captivating them.