Chapter 17

I was groggy when I woke up. I woke up to silence. It was kind of nice. I glanced around to see that the tv had shut off at the end of my movie and FRIDAY had turned the lights off for me. What a mother hen. 

I stretched and cracked my joints trying to get my body ready for the day. The team was supposed to be back today. I knew they were to launch their attack during the night to surprise the enemy. I turned on my computer that had also fallen asleep to check on their status. 

I noticed their flight path was on my screen stating they were still three hours away. There was a tiny dot in front that was going faster than the jet. 

Oh Tony, you silly man. 

I checked on vitals and noticed that everyone look good, minus Clint who had lower blood pressure. I sent Bruce a quick message asking what happened. He said Clint had been shot but it wasn't in a fatal area. Bullet hole had a clean entrance and Bruce said it wouldn't take very long. I texted him back letting him know I was setting up a room for Clint and asked Bruce where he got shot. Bruce replied back with leg. 

I sat my laptop to the side and told FRIDAY to alert me when someone got here. I went to my bedroom to shed my pjs and take another quick shower. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and grabbed my scrubs. 

Once dressed, I grabbed a granola bar that would help hold me until later. I ate it while on my walk to the medical bay. I threw away the wrapper and washed my hands, going into the procedure room. 

I grabbed the surgical kit and set it up on the tray with iodine as well as a few extra sets of tweezers for Bruce to use because bullets are tricky. Covering the tray, I walked out as FRIDAY came on. 

"Miss Harmony, Mr. Stark has just arrived." I murmured a thanks to the robot and walked down to his personal landing pad. Walking while dismantling the suit, I heard him speaking to FRIDAY. 

"Tell the press and I want the full works, she deserves it." I walked over to him once he was un suited. 

"Hey sweet cheeks," He pulled me into a hug and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I hugged him back. 

"How did the mission go?" I asked, as Tony let go of me to go to the fridge and grabbed a drink. I gave him a look. 

"What? I deserve a drink!" He tried to make excuses. 

"You're going to die young because of it," I grabbed the drink and handed him a water bottle instead. Tony gave me a disappointed look, but drank the water bottle anyways. 

"We're throwing a party tonight. Wear something hot, you're my date." He pulled me into another hug with a proper kiss this time. I kissed him back letting my worries melt away for once. I then pushed him away. 

"You stink and are probably tired. Go shower and take a nap. I'll make sure to have food here by the time the rest of the team gets back." I waved him off and reluctantly he went. I went back down to the medical bay with my laptop in hand, to finish prepping the room and track the team's vitals for post mission charts. 

"Miss Harmony, the team has landed in the landing bay," FRIDAY's voice interrupted my mindless scrolling on my phone. I pushed myself up and out of the chair and walked through the procedure room door into the landing bay. 

The jet's hatch opened and the tired looking superheroes are crawled out. They all proceeded to give me a kiss on the cheek to which I told them what I told Tony. Showers and then food would be here. I had the liberty of getting FRIDAY to order take out Mexican for all of us that was being set up as I speak. 

Bruce came out looking relatively clean. Well, cleaner than the others. They must not have needed a code green. 

"I have your gloves set out. Go get cleaned up and I'll get Clint situated." Bruce nodded, thankful he didn't have to be giving any more orders than necessary. 

I saw Nat helping Clint out of the jet. His right leg pant was torn and bleeding. I sighed. 

"Come let's get him set up on the bed," I held the door open for them as they squeezed through. Clint just about collapsed onto the bed. I reclined him back and nodded to Nat, signaling that she was good to go shower and eat too. 

I first grabbed my trauma scissors and cut Clint's pant leg just above the thigh. Once removing it along with his sock and shoe, I grabbed sterile water and began to rinse the area. He hissed when the water hit the wound. I turned and grabbed some Lidocaine for Bruce to numb the area. 

"Well shall we?" Bruce had walked back in and was slightly cleaned up and was putting on his sterile gloves. I nodded and handed him the syringe to get to work. 

Thankfully the bullet wasn't too far deep, but Clint had two layers of stitches and was going to be out of commission for a while. I had everything laid out for Bruce ahead of when he actually needed it because he could sense my discomfort through the bond. I sat on a stool and stroked Clint's hair and held his hand, whispering words of encouragement to him. 

"At least now you get to stay home with me so I won't be so lonely," I half joked but Clint and Bruce both casted worried looks at me. 

"We'll convince Fury to let someone stay behind with you," Clint said through gritted teeth as Bruce dug. 

"No, no it's fine!" I tried to cover my tracks not wanting to be a burden anymore. 

"Clint's right Harmony. Fury rarely needs all of us out there and if it is that serious, he should have medical nearby anyways." Bruce said as he cleansed the wound, that was now bullet free and began to stitch it. 

I nodded my head in submission as I turned my attention back to Clint to help him get through the rest. Once Bruce was done digging and stitching, he pulled off his gloves. 

"Harmony do you want to wrap him? I'll go grab him some food." I nodded and stood up to grab the bandaging supplies. I put some ointment on and a waterproof seal, knowing he still needed to shower. 

"After 24 hours, then we can take this one off and you can be in a regular bandaid." I explained while pressing down as gentle but firm as I could. 

I helped him up and into the kitchen so he could eat. I ate as well, not noticing Clint leaving to go shower. I went back down to medical after eating and cleaned up the room the best I could. I had just dumped the biohazard in the bins when FRIDAY chimed in. 

"Miss Harmony, Clint is requesting your presence in his room." I assumed he needed help, so I went down to his room. Knocking and pushing the door open softly, I saw Clint spread out on the king sized bed. 

"Hey beautiful," he said with his eyes closed. 

"Is everything okay? FRIDAY said you needed me," I took that as an invitation to step into the room. Clint let out a laugh. 

"Oh man these painkillers have me higher than a kite. But all I need is your cuddles for the next 12 hours." He made grabby hands towards me and I laughed. I sat on the edge of his bed. 

"Tony is throwing a party tonight and requested I be his date. So I have a feeling unless you want another hole in your other leg, I ought to go." I patted his good leg. 

"You can still take a nap with me until then," Clint protested. I sighed and rolled my eyes. 

"Let me go change," I went to stand up but he grabbed my wrist. 

"Here," he said while taking his t shirt off, leaving him in just his shorts. "Wear this." 

I huffed at him but went into his bathroom to change. To which he also protested. After changing, I came back out and snuggled into his side, stroking his hair until I heard his snores.