Chapter 24

Coming to the Bifrost, I was glad Loki had his arm around me. I stumbled and bent over, trying to prevent myself from throwing up lunch. As my stomach settled, I slowly stood up to see the gorgeous golden room and a kind man staring at us. 

"Welcome back, Prince Loki. Welcome to Asgard Princess Harmony," he stated. Loki nodded and I gave a small wave as we walked out and to a bridge, where a horse stood. 

"That is Heimdall. He is the keeper of the Bifrost. Which is how Thor and I go back and forth from the realms," Loki casually explained as he hoisted me onto the horse. Jumping on behind me, he took the reins and we took off towards the huge palace.  

I felt my head spin. This world was so beautiful. I couldn't decide what to look at, I was so overwhelmed. I felt Loki pull me closer to him, sensing my discomfort and anxiety. 

"Don't fret my love, there will be plenty of time to see everything," he whispered in my ear, pressing a kiss to the back of my head. I nodded and let myself slightly relax against  him, deciding to shut my eyes briefly. 

A while later, I felt the horse come to a stop. I opened my eyes to see us in front of the palace's doors. 

Loki hopped off and helped me down. He looked at me and smiled and brought his arm back around me. I will admit his touch was helping me process all of this better. A woman with golden hair done up in a halo was standing next to a man with an eye patch and sour face. 

"Allfather, mother, this is my soulmate, Harmony," Loki introduced me, still keeping his arm around my waist. 

Shit if I had known I was going to be meeting his parents right off the back, I would have dressed better. Calm down, it'll be okay. 

"It is wonderful to meet you, my dear," Loki's mother called to me. "I am Frigga and this is Odin. When we caught news that our sons had found their soulmate, we rejoiced. We are even more thrilled to have you here with us now." I looked at her dumbfounded. I was a nobody back on Earth but here, I was mated to royalty. 

"We look forward to seeing you tonight," came Odin's remarks. I nodded and he turned and left. Frigga stayed and gave us a smile. 

"Loki is it alright if I show your mate to her chambers? I sense she will want to freshen up before dinner," Frigga was so kind and caring. Odin seemed like an ass but I mean who didn't have their emotionally distant father? 

"Yes mother that would be lovely. I will see you right before dinner. I will come collect you," Loki pressed a chaste kiss to my forehead and gently placed my arm on Frigga's. She pulled me into a hug and we began to walk the palace. 

"I am so elated that my sons have found their soulmate. I've only heard wonderful things from the both of them about you," Frigga went on and talked about Loki and Thor's childhood and how they were best of friends but also enemies. We walked until we stopped in front of a beautiful dark wood door. 

"Here's your room my dear. The bathroom is attached and I've already had the maids hang your wardrobe from your bag." I had completely forgot about my bag. 

"Thank you Queen Frigga," I said bowing my head slightly. I didn't know what to do. 

"I'll see you at dinner," and with that, she walked away. I entered the room and saw a gorgeous sitting area and bed with a balcony that had a table and chairs on it. I could see the beginning of the wardrobe and bathroom through an archway. 

After a quick nap, I decided to have a bath and then get dressed. Since no one informed me what time dinner was, I figured better to be early than late. In the middle of my bath, a young lady walked in, who couldn't have been older than myself. 

"Good evening your majesty. I'm here to help you get ready for dinner." I looked at her grateful for bubbles covering my body. 

"Oh yeah, of course. Um, help yourself?" I had no idea how to talk to a maid. I knew what not to do. "What's your name?" 

"My name is Anette, your majesty," she bowed her head and headed over to the closet and began to pull gowns out as well as shoes and jewelry, that definitely weren't mine. 

"Please, Anette. Call me Harmony. I'm not royal," I said, wrapping a towel around me as I stepped out of the bath. 

"Please your majesty. You are soulmates to the Princes. You are royalty here." She ushered me to sit down at a vanity, where she immediately begun to braid my hair intricately. 

"Whose clothes are those? I ought to thank them for letting me borrow them," I wondered aloud. 

"Oh your majesty, they're yours. The Queen sent for a complete wardrobe the moment she heard the news of you and her sons." She finished my hair and turned me around. Anette gently painted my face with light makeup. 

Once I was painted to look like a goddess myself, Anette pushed me into the closet part. I stared at the dresses in front of me. 

"Since you're here with Prince Loki, the Queen thought that it would be best for you to wear his colors. When you come with both the Princes or Prince Thor, there will be other color options," I nodded along to her words. I was taking a liking to the middle dress. I nodded towards it and smiled at Anette, who giggled. 

It wasn't a moment too soon that I had finished getting jewelry on, that knocking was heard at my door. Anette rushed to get it and opened it to find Loki standing out there looking his best. I turned around to face him and saw his eyes nearly roll into the back of his head. 

"My have I died and gone to Valhalla?" Loki swooned over me. He came in and grabbed my hand, twirling me around before bringing me to his chest. 

"Green is most definitely your color, dear," he whispered lowly in my ear. He whisked me out the door and down the hallway. We entered a grand ballroom that had Odin and Frigga at the head of the table. We sat our places as Odin made a toast and introduced me. 

After dinner, Loki and I were brought out to the floor. It was Asgard tradition that we danced first. I looked at him with a slight panic in my eyes. 

"I've got you," he whispered to me and we glided around the room. 

I felt as if I knew this dance, but I didn't. It must had been Loki's magic. I'll have to thank him later. 

We finished our dance and bowed and everyone else was allowed to join the floor. Loki and I danced a few more songs, before we made the rounds where he had to say hello to everyone important. 

A few hours later, I was feeling the effects. 

"Come, my love. Let us retire for the night," Loki pressed another kiss to my forehead. He had kept me by his side all night, which I was grateful for. I was feeling intimidated being an in unknown place. 

Walking back to the rooms, we went in a different door than mine. I was confused but too tired to care. Loki pressed a full kiss to my lips and used his magic to change me into comfy pjs. I pressed another kiss to him as a thanks and curled up by his side for the night.