Chapter 27

I woke up to the alarms blaring. 

"CODE RED," FRIDAY blared through the system. I was confused. I looked at Bruce who whispered, "Hydra." 

I grabbed my regular SHIELD issued uniform and a gun while we attempted to make it the main living floor to see what was going on. 

I saw everyone was suited up. I walked up to Steve to ask him questions, when he without looking at me he stated, "you are not fighting. No way." 

"Steve! I'm a trained SHIELD agent! I know how to fire a gun and do hand to hand combat," I tried to reason my way through. 

"No Harmony. I won't let you. You are going with Bruce to the compou-" Steve was cut off as a loud explosion shook the building. Tony came flying in. 

"Change of plans. It's a code green," I looked at Bruce who was shifting to the Hulk. Hulk looked at me and smiled before resting his forehead against mine. 

"Go get em," I whispered and he backed off with a roar and jumped to the ground level, where the attack had started. 

I loaded a clip into my gun while grabbing two extras from underneath the coffee table. Nat looked at me surprised. 

"What? You don't hide them very well," I smirked and ran downstairs. 

I shot every HYDRA agent in sight, regardless if they were shooting at me. Powers were a last resort situation. If they could just see me as a regular agent, that would be to my advantage. 

Right as one agent went to shoot Nat's blindside, I put one brass 9 millimeter in between his eyes. Nat looked at me surprised but then nodded and resumed fighting. 

Another agent had snuck up behind me and knocked my gun out of my hands. I tried to go hand to hand with him but he tased me with something. I grunted and tried to ignore it, when he landed a hit on the other side. 

I grabbed my sides and fell to the ground. I could feel the electricity flowing through me. I saw two more agents coming up to me and grabbing me, dragging me away. I kicked and tried to light up but the electrical current was stopping me. 

My eyes grew wide as they threw me in a van and hit me in the head. 

Drip, drip, drip. 

I groaned as I came around. I was in a musty cell that had a water leak somewhere. My head was pounding. I noticed cuffs on my wrists and ankles as well as a mouth covering similar to Bucky's old one. I tried to shuffle around, but couldn't go very far. I hurt and was tired. 

"Bravo, bravo little one," I heard a voice through the darkness. I squinted to try and find him and he was wearing black on black leaning against the far cinderblock wall. 

"When I saw you on the magazine with Tony Stark, I had a real laugh. The Avengers have a soulmate? Now no one would have thought that. But you do have a pretty penny above your head with that title," he began to walk closer to me so he was under the light. The familiar blonde hair, green eyed boy that had tormented me was standing in front of me. Half of his face scarred up, but still recognizable. 

"I bet you thought you killed me didn't you Harmony?" he tutted and circled me. I tried to throw him a nasty glare, to which he laughed. 

"You pretended to be a hero. A little fight breaks out and instead of keeping you contained, you run into the action. Always the house cat pretending to be a lion," he took out a knife and began to play with it. 

I wanted to yell, to scream, to cry! Anything so that someone could maybe hear me. 

"When HYDRA came to me, I thought I struck a rather pretty bargain. They help me get you, they get half of the money that comes from your sale." My eyes widened. I knew he was dark but not this dark. 

"Now I'll allow you to have one sentence and that is all you get before I make that pretty face as beautiful as mine." I felt the mouth part of the mask unlock, sliding out of the way so I could talk. I took a few deep breaths of moldy air while I had the chance. 

"Why are you doing this David?" I looked up at him, knowing he had lost his mind. 

"You destroyed me," he replied and I felt the mask lock back into place. He came closer to me and I tried to scoot back away from him. He got on me and straddled me while holding my head roughly with his left hand. 

Knife in his right hand, he tore through my suit and began to carve back into my skin like he did all those years ago. I cried and screamed against my mask until I passed out from the pain.