Chapter 13 - So, um, tea?

I didn't win, though I think that's obvious since I passed out.

I ended up in Recovery Girl's office hearing that I had surgery since I broke two fingers on my right hand more than once.

First off, is that legal? Like, can Recovery Girl do surgery just like that? I thought she needed permission from my mom or maybe me for that shit unless it's life endangering. I assume losing two fingers is not life endangering, so I have no idea.

I should check over the UA agreement. Maybe it says something like that in there.

Scene!

- - -

Imagine waking up to a bitchy old woman. That's Recovery Girl.

At least Yagi is there for me!

"What you did was extremely dangerous! I had to perform surgery to save your hand! Both you and Yagi need to stop this before it becomes permanent damage!" Recovery Girl lectures as she checks over my vitals. It turns out, she got everything functional to say the least. I have my arm and leg wrapped, though. My luck.

Yagi sighs, "We're working on it, ma'am."

"Also, tell that boy to sleep more! I know he didn't get much sleep last night because he was texting me at two about which chicken noodle recipe was the best."

"I did sleep. I just woke up and decided to text you because I was lonely, "I correct. Yagi facepalms.

"Why am I your first choice?"

"Would you rather me message people on dating websites?"

"What- no, Midoriya, that's not the point!"

"Am I not allowed to appreciate your company?"

This time, Recovery Girl sighs, "You chose someone interesting, Yagi."

"Is that a bad thing?"

Recovery Girl just leaves me! OFFENDED!

Yagi lays back in his seat, "You had me worried there, my boy. May I ask what you were trying to accomplish?"

I click my tongue, "Was I trying to accomplish something? I was trying to get out the first round to avoid damage from Todoroki, but after somehow breaking out of Shinso's quirk, I decided it was destiny to fight him. Oh, speaking of that, I'm seeing ghosts now-"

Yagi coughs up blood, "What?!" I ignore him.

"Maybe I was there to help Todoroki use his quirk again. I don't know why, but his dumbass thought he could only win with ice against me when my self-preservation skills are the same as yours. I can only partially blame him because his father is an a- jerk. Not my business, but if they are going to be obvious, I guess it is now. I hate that this destiny screwed up some fingers, but if Todoroki uses his quirk, it's worth it. Things happen for a reason, you know?" Yagi looks shocked. Who knew I was capable of this?!

"I...that's very mature of you, young Midoriya. Being a hero is not just about saving lives; it's about saving people's hearts as well. I believe you helped young Todoroki with that today. It's also about meddling in business, even if it's not your own. I'm proud of you, my boy-"

"DEKU!" "MIDOIRYA!" Multiple voices holler from the hall as they burst into the medical room. The door reveals Iida and Uraraka. I swear Yagi is coughing up a lung at the shock.

Before I can say anything, Recovery Girl comes out, "Midoriya should be resting! You children would not be helping him! Get!"

Iida speaks up, "Wait, I have something to tell Midoriya," Recovery Girl lets him, "Aizawa-sensei needs to see you after the festival. Rest well!" Then they get shoved out.