Chapter 3 - Can I Refund My Life?

Standing outside the school, if you were to tell me that it was a school, I would have said 'no, it's a luxury prison' or a really high-end business building. It does not look like a school. I get that it is the top hero school in Japan, but damn.

Wait. Why is my dumbass with nothing but a quirk I have never used before trying for UA? I get I am not a logical person, but jeez. If I get in, it is purely by luck. Nothing else.

I see so many kids with different school uniforms going in with emotions ranging from shitting to way too confident. I'm in the middle. I'm nervous because I have to figure my life out within the next 5 minutes or so, and confident because I know there is going to be one student worst than me. As long as I am not the worst, I am good.

It might help to go in, huh?

I start approaching the entryway when, for some reason, I trip on literally nothing. That's how it's going to be, eh?

Before I can break my nose, I feel a hand slap my back, and I am suddenly weightless. This is an interesting quirk. A physical contact gravity quirk. It's safe to say that all five fingers have to touch because there are a lot of quirks like that. Did their quick go through the clothing or is are they only floating my clothes? Can they make items heavy? Can they move the object-

A young girl's voice breaks me from my mindset, " I hope you don't mind me using me quick! I just didn't want you to have bad luck before the exam!" Wait, a girl saved me? A girl is talking to me? This is the most impressive thing since All Might made it rain! It does not stop me from being who I am, though.

"No problemo! Thanks for the pick-me-up!" I say with my signature enthusiasm. I hear her giggle.

"You're welcome! I'm about to drop you so fair warning! Release!" I am dropped on the dirty concrete, but it is certainly better than making out with it. I get up quickly to look at the girl. Overall, she doesn't look to be anything special. She has round brown eyes and face, brown bob for hair, and round pink cheeks that stand out.

"That's a cool quirk there. Definitely useful for rescue work for lifting debris or maybe lifting injured body parts so they aren't weighed down," I muse to the girl. The eyes widen.

"Thanks! I would love to talk, but I got to get going. Good luck on the exam!" She says as she runs off before I can say another word. RIP. I hope I see her again before she gets out of here, then.

With that, I head in to do the academic part of the exam.

---

Yeah, my confidence has plummeted like my mental health from that exam. I don't think I failed it, but I am certainly not satisfied with it. Maybe that's the point of it, but I hate it either way.

It's time for the practical part!

You would think that some research would allow you to know what it is all about, but that's false. There is nothing online about the practical exams besides the fact that they exist and that it is a physical exam that allows quirk use. That's it. I am going in with a blind eye, so I have to adapt to whatever is thrown at me.

Adaptability is survivability, after all!

You may be wondering how they keep this information from future students. That's relatively simple; make them sign an agreement stating they will not spread any information about the test unless they want to be disqualified or expelled from UA! You can talk about it with current UA students, but you can't with future students.

We are all shoved into an auditorium where I seated beside Kacchan. This is going to be great! Note the sarcasm.

"What are you doing here, Deku?" Kacchan asks in an inside voice that I didn't know what possible! He must be on his best behavior so he can get into UA!