Chapter 8: Chaos Again?

"Yeah, well on the bright side, I'm going to save everyone here." my words come out without stuttering, and it is full of determination.

"I'm hoping you can help us get out of here. I want to be back at my old home before I die." The old man looks at me with his soft eyes, and it gives me much more reason to destroy everything here and help everyone. Jordyn seems to be already asleep for some reason. I crossed my arms and leaned my head against the wall, ready for a good nights' sleep.

It was an hour later, where an exploding sound woke us up. Of course, we are all taken by surprise but I sprang to my feet and everyone was coming back to their senses.

"What just happened?" Heila said, while yawning. I shushed her quickly, and she shut up at once, looking outside the window. I looked over to my right, and the old man wasn't there. 

"Okay, something's up," Jordyn says with a warning type of tone. She stalks around the room, trying to find something suspicious.

"What is in these boxes?" Clyde pokes one of the tall boxes we saw that were stacked up when we came in earlier. 

BAAM!! Half of the house collapses in front of them. I whip around, and Heila's eyes are widened with fear. Clyde is still inspecting the boxes, despite the chaos that's about to happen.

"Guys, I just found a—" Clyde starts but he is cut off when hundreds of creatures crawl into the house.

"EEEKK!!!" Heila shrieks and climbs on her brother, who is trying not to literally vomit. Well, I wanted to vomit too. There were fuzzy red creatures with lots of legs, and they were spewing out the blue goo. 

"Whatever they are, they're climbing in fast!" Jordyn screams and she tries to climb the wall, but then she slides back down, remembering that she's not spiderman.

"I don't know what this is, but I'm seriously disgusted!" Clyde yells and trips over the rubble, knocking over the four boxes that were stacked.

Clang! The sound of a sword wakes us all up. Jordyn leaps over the table and picks up the box. She unwraps the cover and finds an amazing thin sword. With encrusted rubies and diamonds at the handle, the sheath was gold, and shining brightly.

"It's so beautiful." Jordyn's eyes were sparkling and gushed over the sword. The creatures started to climb aboard me, and apparently, I didn't have enough hands to brush them away.

"Use the stupid sword, and stop daydreaming!" I manage to scream as they creep up my face. She snaps out of her thought and slides the sword out of the sheath. It gleams, like it has been polished almost every day. She is smiling proudly and she swings at the creature, as they fly to the air and pounce at us. Her hair swishes around wildly as she turns in different directions.

"Dang that sword suits you!" Heila beams as she brushes the remains of the creatures off. Clyde picks up a small box and lifts the cover. It's a pink lollipop, with dark pink swirls. 

"Yum!! Can I have that?" Heila squeals as Clyde flips the lollipop in different directions. He shrugs and tosses it over. She picks off the plastic but then a horrid smell reaches our noses. I can't help it and I vomit, on the floor. The smell is so sickening, along with the guts and remains of the creatures we fought off. The ground shakes and it brings us to the air. Heila screams and throws the lollipop she was going to eat in the air. 

Almost in slow motion, the lollipop grows into full size, and Heila dodges as it falls.

"Oh My Gosh, wowwww." Jordyn gasps and she secures her sheath into her brown belt. Heila picks it up with no problem. It looked so heavy though.

"Isn't it heavy?" I ask and she shakes her head. She throws it into the air and balances it on her finger. Boy, I was amazed.

The ground shakes again and the impact is so strong, I felt like my body was going to rip open. Sweat formed around my forehead it drips down. Man, I was trying so hard not to die, right then and there. I squeeze my eyelids open a little bit and everyone is in the same position as me, clinging on something while being whacked around.

"It must be some giant or something!" Clyde gasps the words out. His eyes are watering, and he's protecting the boxes.

"Why the heck are you protecting those instead of your body?" Heila shrieks and she jumps beside him.

"Because these are valuable things!" Clyde protests and he rips another one open. It's a watch, a black one with silver designs on it. It's complicated, but there were so many gadgets, buttons, and switches that it was hard to learn what it was. There was only one more box and he tore it open, revealing several ninja stars. He throws the pack at me, signaling me to use them. I shake my head, but I clumsily get to my feet as the ground is about to split open.

ROARRR!!!!!!! A rumble makes us almost break our legs. I wheeze as I climb to the window, and I climb out. I'm figuring the others are following me because they should know to get out of there instead of getting stuck in a broken-down home.

They weren't following me. A big clap to my forehead.

"Follow me!" I beg, because I'm honestly so annoyed at how they did not follow me. They all come at once, stumbling over each other. Another clap to my forehead. 

The big rumbling is coming from, indeed a giant. Except his skin is full of pointy stuff, and it's giving me the creeps. Also because it stinks so bad I want to die forever. The others made it out and the giant's beady eyes find us. Crap.

"Kill Heroes. Order from Boss." The voice is like the sound of a drone, repeating all over again. My eyes widened. The thought flies into my mind before I even actually think it. 

"Bring it ON." I grit my teeth and when I'm mad, I'm MAD. Let's fight. Now.