Chapter 10: Hero

"Maybe we should not fight until Jordyn and the others are here...am I right?" I said nervously and I tried not looking at the dozen guns that were pointing at me. 

In a split second and I flung two stars in opposite direction and the stars doubled and tripled themselves, trying to capture the target. They all dodged and ducked in various directions but finally FINALLY someone with a gun was hit. His arm was painfully cut off and he was desperately trying to not scream.

"Maybe you should show me your face, and I'll let you go," I said with a pained face, really wondering how to get out. of. HERE!!!

The head pain starts again. Ugh, why NOW?! For some reason, after the scene comes into my head, the pain stops. I'm able to see everything clearly, without actually bashing my head against the floor to stop the pain. I see my mother's face, and she's at her lab, looking at her screen, able to see everything that's happening.

And it stops. 

I suck in a deep breath and crack my knuckles. They all wince and even with the masks on, I can tell they're scared to fight me. 

Is she seriously just figuring out that her own SON is the hero and now she's going to kill me? Smart move Mom. I am the HERO. I should be doing something useful right now. 

"KILL HIM, YOU IDIOTS!" A voice shouted from the speakers above. That was my mom talking. And she's talking to everyone that's around me. But one of the armed men kneels and he throws his watch to the ground. Everyone follows his example.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GET UP AND SHOOT HIM! NOW!!" The leader bows and he manages to say, "I surrender, these watches can help you. Please don't kill us. We're all victims." The others follow and I am shocked.

Well, I sure am mighty, like a king. I place my hands on my hips and grin. "Alright. Fine. I'll let you go only this time. Next time, you guys are all cooked." I say with a smirk.

They bow again and run away without a second's look. I pick up the four watches on the ground and they are beeping. I look at the screen and they say, "Connected." So this is high-tech technology huh? I look behind me and the robots are gone. 

"What a weird bunch," I mutter and slung my bag over my shoulder. I jump onto the tattered house roof and I walk over, where the fight has ended. Everyone was exhausted and lying on the ground. Except for Jordyn. She was sitting on the ground, polishing her sword, and wiping off the blood.

"I just had the strangest fight! And I have so much stuff to tell you guys. But put these on first." I hand them the watches and they look at them confusingly. 

"Basically I found this small key in the house and I eventually got surrounded by masked people and robots. After I hit one of them, they surrendered and gave me these watches. We can use them as communication devices." I explain and everyone nods, still kind of confused. 

"Okay, but what do we do now?" Heila asks me, and she has scratches on her face. I take out the first-aid-kit and clean up everyone's wounds.

"We should make our way to the Lab. To kill my mom." I say earnestly and everyone stares at me.

"You're...gonna kill your mom?" Clyde sputters, which was surprising. He never said anything.

"Yeah, she's killed so many people, and for the dumbest reasons. She's a demon. I want to free everyone from Harplei." I close my eyes and I breathe into the air. Jordyn stands up and she puts on the watch. 

"Well, let's get going then." She slips her sword into the sheath with a satisfied face. I grin and Clyde drops the shocked look. He clicks on his watch and all the fire surrounded us disappeared. I give him a curious look and he shrugs. 

"I guess your watch can do anything." I laugh and he nods. We all make sure our voices connect and we enter the marshy forest. I still have my mind on the cloaked person that was following me before, but I have to work on my priority. 

Meanwhile, when everyone enters the forest, the cloaked figure was spying on them. He takes out a silver button and says, "Mission accomplished, Sydney. They have the watches on." The cloaked figure looks behind at all the masked figures and they all laugh. 

>>>>><<<<<

"Chaden, you made a wrong move there. You're never going to kill me." Sydney cackles with laughter as four dots move up to her screen, labeled with "Chaden, Jordyn, Heila, Clyde." She smirks at her latest creation. She holds up the watches and they flash against the light.

"You'll never be a hero, son." She flips her hair and walks away. Evilly.