19. I Forgive You.

⚠️cursing⚠️

—~~—~~—~~—~~—~~—~~—

I walked to school, my hands shoved in my pockets as I thought about her. I'm usually never the one to be thinking about girls, but I can't help himself. Just like Suga said, I need to apologize—but she needs to apologize, too! I shouldn't have listened to Nakamura like that; but part of the blame is on her, she should've tried harder to get my attention. Hinata's walking next to me, blabbering on about something I couldn't care less about.

My peace and serenity was broken when I heard the annoying voice of Nakamura. I glanced to her, watching her run towards me happily.

"Kageyama~ let's walk to school together, hmm?" She sang, stopping ahead of me. She didn't even glance at Hinata. I blatantly ignored her, turning towards the school and searching for Shimizu. Would she be at morning practice?

My eyes trailed across the school, spotting a certain (H/c)-haired girl talking with Suga. I smiled, now speed-walking to the gate. Maybe she's not that mad..

"Uh.. H-Hey! Kageyama!" Nakamura shouted from behind me, so I turned my head reluctantly to her. I stopped in my tracks, glaring at her from behind my shoulder. After realizing she had nothing to say, I faced the school again, only to see Suga, alone, waving at me shyly.

Did she run away?! Nakamura must've scared her off with my name, Goddamnit! I furrowed my eyebrows, pouting at Suga then walked towards him.

"She went that way." I stopped in front of Suga, staring off to where he pointed. I searched through the sea of heads, surprisingly she was nowhere to be found. "I'll find her at lunch." I grumbled, looking at the ground angrily.

"Oh! Right,"

I cocked an eyebrow at Suga as he turned and walked toward the gate to the school. He bent down behind the bush, then shot back up with a bouquet of vibrant flowers. "Give this to her. I'll leave it here, don't forget it!" He whisper-shouted, then ducked back down behind the bush.

"Awe—Kageyama," Hinata cooed, nudging me on my arm. I pursed my lips in annoyance. "Shut up, shit-stain!" I shouted, then turned to Suga again.

"Aren't they going to wilt?" I asked, as he stood up and walked over to me. "No, because you're going to give these to her today." He demanded, then turned and walked to the school. Today? How is he so sure?

—~~—~~Lunch~~—~~—

I stomped through the third year halls, holding the bouquet in my hands loosely. I can't do this.. not in front of the third year class.. Shimizu's classroom grew closer, and eventually I found myself standing in front of the sliding doors. I took a deep breath, shakily reaching out my hand and pulling it open.

I felt eyes on me almost immediately, but none of them belonged to Shimizu. I glanced to Suga, and he shook his head. "She's in the bathroom, Kageyama." He whispered, and I felt myself blushing. Of course I come at the worst time..

"Kageyama! I didn't know you came to the third year hallways!"

I turned to Nakamura annoyedly, the flowers in my hands shaking from the embarrassment in front of the third years. I clamped my sweaty hand onto the door, sliding it shut and turning to Nakamura. She gasped, walking up to me and looking at the flowers.

"Silly, that's not my classroom! But I'm just surprised you got me flowers!"

The idiot ahead of me reached for the flowers, though I only pulled back. "They're not for you." I remarked, taking a small step away from her. Nakamura frowned at me, then crossed her arms defensively.