28. Breakup.

My eyes fluttered open, staring at my blank ceiling groggily. The stagnant air around me was silent, as I breathed deeply before sitting upright. I glanced to my phone, laying still on the bedside table. I grabbed it carefully, as it lit up with four notifications; and the time, ten o'clock.

I pressed on the message notifications, my breath hitching once I read the names. Kageyama, Suga-kun, Noya-Senpai, and Miyanoshita.

I hesitantly hovered my finger over Kageyama's name. He sent a simple 'good morning', but my chest still fluttered at his words.

The door to my room hastily swung open, revealing my mom, her hands on her hips.

"(Y/n) Shimizu!" She shouted, causing me to flinch in my spot, pressing my finger against the phone.

After realizing what I had done, I swiftly looked at the screen, which now had Kageyama's chat open. I quickly exited, then stared up at my mom. "M-Mom!" I whined, to which she chuckled at.

"Just kidding, you're not in trouble. But, you will be if you don't get out of your room and socialize. Where's Koshi? Oh! And your boyfriend~" She sang, holding her hands together. I thinned my lips, then tilted my head to the side. A moment of silence stretched between us.

"Oh. Oh," She sighed, then walked up to my bed. "It's complicated, right? That's how your father and I were for a few months after we got into a relationship." She cooed, then placed a hand on my head softly.

"Don't worry baby, it'll be okay." She sighed, then turned on her heel. "Come downstairs and have breakfast with Kiyoko, your father, and I. When you're ready, of course." She sashayed out of my room, shutting the door behind her. I stared blankly at where she disappeared.

How will it be okay when I know he deserves better? When I know he'll eventually move on to someone who's on his level? The only thing I can do is enable him to find someone worth his time.

I glanced to the other three chats, two being 'good morning's from Noya and Suga-kun, and one from Miyanoshita. I decided that I should check her's first.

I clicked on the chat, my eyes scanning across, 'hey, let's meet up at 12, yeah? At the train station!!!' I smiled a little at her enthusiasm, then replied with an agreement.

I guess I should get ready after breakfast, then.

—~~—

After choosing an outfit, I dragged myself down the stairs. "(Y/n)? Is that you? Finally coming out of your den, huh?" I heard my dad's voice from the living room. Reaching the bottom of the stairs; I let out a playfully mocking laugh, then glanced to him through the doorway.

"Yeah, I'm gonna hang out with Miyanoshita. We met at the training camp last Monday." I mumbled, turning to and trudging towards the front door. I glanced down to my shoes, carefully slipping into them. I heard him mocking my laugh, though didn't bother to reply.

"I'll see you later, okay?" I shouted over my shoulder, then stepped out into the fresh morning air. I glanced down to my phone for a mere moment before sliding it into my back pocket.

The wind gently fluttered against my cheeks and I stared ahead. I kicked a few rocks as I walked down the street, my eyes wandering to the trees lining it.

I wonder what Kageyama's doing...

I hastily shook my head, ridding him from my thoughts. Thinking about him is going to lead me nowhere.

—~~—~~Train Station~~—~~—

"Oh. My. God. Finally!"