4. F-Friend??

⚠️cursing⚠️

—~~—~~—~~—~~—~~—~~—~~—

It's been at least a few days since the last meetup our group had. I arranged a study session today, since Kageyama's off practice and Akiko said she was free.

Suga and I have been talking every chance we get, and I have a feeling he's trying to be my friend. I wonder why... It's not like he'll benefit from doing so, I'm pretty sure he has as many friends as I do.

I strutted out of the school doors, spotting Akiko ahead of me. She was standing still, laughing with her real friends. I finally arrived at her back, and tapped on her shoulder. "Sh-Shimizu-Chan!" One of her friends shouted, straightening his posture and blushing once he spots me. I glanced at him, then looked at Akiko. "Study session today." I reminded her, and she fiddled with her thumbs, shifting her gaze away from me. I glanced at her ears every second, expecting another lie.

"Uh—yeah, sorry. I have family stuff today. I just found out about it last minute. You'll be fine on your own, right?"

I shook my head, my eyebrows furrowing slightly. I gazed over to the gym, hearing the faint noise of a volleyball from the inside. "Sure. Whatever." I grumbled, then turned to the gym and walked towards it out of curiosity. The sound becoming more prominent as I grew closer put me at ease.

I wrapped my hand around the door, peeking my head into the gym, staring at the volleyball club; who were all in a circle, stretching their bodies out. I spotted Kageyama among the boys, sitting on the ground and stretching out his arms and legs. His eyes were closed, a small, unnoticeable smile placed on his lips. I found my eyes lingering on his lips for longer than I intended.

He suddenly opened his eyes, staring directly into mine. He seemed a bit taken aback at the fact I was here, but then scoffed and turned his head to the side. I stepped into the gym, walking towards him with no regard to the other volleyball members around him. "Hey, Kageyama." I spoke, gaining his attention.

"I thought you didn't have practice today. Akiko already bailed on me, should we just reschedule to tomorrow?" I explained the situation, and he seemed a bit confused. "Akiko bailed on you?" He questioned, cocking an eyebrow. I nodded, then gestured for him to answer my question.

"We don't need to reschedule, let's study after practice." He assured, then turned to his team. I shrugged in response, now walking to the entrance and sitting down with my back against the wall. I let out a huff, closing my eyes and staring up at the ceiling. But my view was shortly blocked by the tallest boy here; Tsukishima. He stood above me, his hands on his hips as he frowned down on me.

"Why are you here?" He sneered, then pushed up his glasses. I scoffed, facing away from him, but he wouldn't budge. I glanced back over to him, sending a glare over my shoulder. "I have my reasons, Tsukki." My words held a poisonous venom in them, though he didn't seem too fazed.

"It's Tsukishima to you." He grumbled, then turned to walk away, but not before throwing a glare in my direction. "Whatever." I replied, opening my bag and slipping out my headphones. I shoved them onto my ears, taking out my phone and plugging them in. But right before I turned on a song, I heard my name. My first name. Kiyoko.

"(Y/n)?!"

I glanced over to my sister, who stormed toward me. She snatched my collar and pulled me up to her height, since I was a little shorter than she was.

I was now on my feet, being suspended one inch in the air. "Yeah?" I responded, and she placed a hand on her hip. She glanced over to the boys, who were staring at us, before dragging me out of the gym. She walked a few feet away from the door, then let go of me.