30. Nishinoya?

⚠️cursing⚠️

—~~—~~—~~—~~—~~—~~—

It's midnight. The school building seemed almost abandoned, or maybe I'm not used to seeing it so desolate.

I spare a glance towards Tobio, my irritated stare softening as I watched him ruffle through his bag. Should I talk to him?

I gathered my courage, though there wasn't much left. My heart pounded in my chest, before I took a shaking step toward him. The volleyball team's voices were drowned out as I struggled to take another step.

I ripped my gaze away from him, suddenly realizing that I couldn't do it. I let out a breathy sigh, slumping my shoulders in defeat.

"Um—don't think I didn't see that pathetic display."

I whipped my head towards the monotone voice; my eyes landing on a tall, snarky blond.

"Piss off, Stinky-shima." I grumbled, crossing my arms. I heard him stifle a laugh at my stance.

I wish I could reach up to him and slap him—but I've seen the boys fool around with each other before... and Daichi's really scary when he's angry.

I mumbled insults underneath my breath, until I heard Suga-kun's voice ring throughout the parking lot.

"Just get on the bus, guys!"

Everyone did as they were told, all of them filing into the bus. I'm one of the first people in line, so I'm sure I'll get a good seat.

After checking around the open spots, I managed to snag one of the singular seats. I watched a few faces pass by, not really paying attention until Kageyama's stoic gaze met mine.

I swiftly shot my head down to my lap, heat flooding my face as I heard small shuffling from the seat behind me. Did he just... sit in the seat behind mine?!

I won't be able to sleep knowing that...

I pulled out my earbuds, shakily pushing them into my ears and playing music to distract me. Albeit my racing heart and my sweaty palms, the same question from before racked my brain; as I shuffled my playlist.

Should I talk to him?

—~~—~~Kageyama's POV~~—~~—

She's right there. She's literally right in front of me. Why the hell has she been avoiding me? Can't she just tell me? I texted her so many times. I even came to her house. Somehow, she avoided me for two whole weeks.

This is insufferable! I can't even snuggle with her, and my pillow isn't good enough. I just want to know why!

Volleyball is the only thing that isn't confusing to me. That's the only thing I need. Then why is she on my mind all the time?!

Does she even think of me anymore? Has she completely forgotten about me?

Should I talk to her?

—~~—~~Your POV~~—~~—

After a couple hours on the bus, we finally arrived at our destination.

I rubbed my eyes groggily, then stood from my seat and stretched. I followed the boys out of the bus, and out into the parking lot of Shinzen High. The cicadas in the distance were screaming. I haven't realized until now, but cicadas are really annoying.

"(Y/n)? You've been glaring at that tree for a few minutes. Is something wrong?" I glanced to my sister, who tilted her head at me with concern. I shook my head, and we trailed behind the Karasuno players.