14. Give Me Your Phone, Idiot!

⚠️cursing⚠️
^^In case anyone was wondering, the picture above is how I think Akiko Nakamura would look^^

—~~—~~—~~—~~—~~—~~—

The school finally came into view.

I held an irate smile, my mind wandering to Akiko and her rumors. She really thought she could embarrass me like that? My feet pushed past one another as I made eye contact with Suga-kun. Behind him, Hinata and Kageyama bickered mindlessly. I guess she did me a favor. I don't have as many fanboys as I used to, but I'm not sure if high school rumors will affect my status when I'm looking for a job.

I arrived at Suga-kun's feet, and he placed a loving hand on my head not five seconds after. I held a small smile, yet pushed his hand off softly. "Y'know—" I started, only to cut myself off after Kageyama stood between us.

"UM." He called out, his face turning a cute color of pink, as he shoved his hands in his pockets. Suga-kun covered the smile on his face with his hand, snickering as he glanced between us. Kageyama's face only reddened, before turning to me abruptly and resting his hand on my head.

I looked at him bewilderedly, before pink consumed my cheeks as well. I glanced over to Suga-kun, who was already walking off with Hinata. I furrowed my eyebrows a bit.

"Don't you have morning practice?" I questioned, as he looked off to where the other two went. "Why does Sugawara pet you?" He asked, completely changing the subject. My stomach churned, as I pouted and averted my gaze.

"I don't know. Why do you? Idiot." I remarked, smiling victoriously to myself. "Sh-shut up, dumbass!" He yelled, then ripped his hand off of my head.

"Come on~ tell me~" I teased, as he stomped off. I followed him like a lost puppy, trying to milk an answer out of him. "Leave me alone." He hissed, which caused me to grin. "You're such a meanie." I joked, as he looked away from me.

"Yeah, well you're being annoying." He frowned at me, ceasing from walking and crossing his arms. We faced each other, glaring into each other's souls for a few moments. I felt confidence well up within my chest, even though he's insulting me.

"Yeah, well at least I'm not a jackass." I stuck my tongue out at him, eyes closed, then smiled slightly. I peeked an eye open, to see him cover his face with his hand, a small sliver of his pink cheek peeking through his fingers. In unison, we turned to the school and continued to walk.

Our meaningless bickering came to an end once we approached the gym. "Is that my new nickname? Jackass?" He quizzed, raising an eyebrow in intrigue. He placed a hand on the door, turning his head to me. I nodded stoutly, a playful look on my face. He scoffed, then put a hand on his hip as he slid the door open. "Fine, then. Yours is Dipshit." He smirked, then stepped through the doorway. He disappeared into the gym before I could reply.

"Damn you." I grumbled, then turned to the school and marched towards it.

—~~—~~Practice~~—~~—

I sat in my usual spot, opening my bag and looking for my headphones. Today was.. nice. Kageyama and I have been back to normal, if anything, things have been better than before. As my fingers wrapped around my headphones, I paused.

I glanced over to the court, meeting eyes with a black haired boy for a few seconds, until he shot his head in the opposite direction. I felt myself smile, it's been awhile since we shared these cute moments. I've missed them.

—~~—

"No music today?"

I looked to Hinata, who held an apologetic frown. I shook my head, smiling a little before glancing over to where I thought Kageyama was standing. To my surprise, I couldn't really spot him, so I glanced back over to Hinata.