24. Good Luck Kiss?

⚠️cursing⚠️

—~~—~~—~~—~~—~~—~~—

"(Y/n)!"

Before I could step out of the gym, Tobio called out after me. I stopped in my tracks, turning to his running figure. Today is Wednesday, and it's been a day since I was announced co-manager.

The boys were just given horrible news about their grades. If they get a bad score on the exams coming up, they won't be able to go to Tokyo for the training camp. Of course, as co-manager, I'm coming along. Mom and dad need to sign the permission slips Kiyoko and I have, though.

"Teach me!"

I averted my gaze for a moment, as if asking for someone to clarify. "I already am..?" I questioned in return, and he stiffened. "Well, try harder!" He yelled, which caused me to pout and cross my arms.

"Fine!"

He smiled, then followed me out of the gym. The carrot and Suga-kun lagged behind, so we decided to wait for them.

"Well, have you scored any higher since we've studied together?" I asked, as he leaned against the school gates. He visibly shuddered, tilting his head down.

"Not—particularly.." He muttered. The sunset beside us reflected off his black bangs, as I huffed at his answer. I recalled the past few 'study sessions' we had at my house. "Do you know why?" I quizzed, as he shot his head up.

Red consumed his cheeks as he stared at me, his dark blue eyes contrasting with the sun's bright glare. "No.." He trailed off, shoving his hands in his pockets as I heard voices from near the gym.

"You need to focus on the work." I spoke with a deadpan expression. "I need to focus? You're the one trying to distract me by kissing me!" He shouted, pointing at his face bewilderedly. A small smile graced my lips as I thought about it; he looked so cute that day, with his nose scrunched up like that. "I just wanted a kiss." I sighed, glancing up to see a scowl etched on his features.

"We still need to focus."

"Why do we even need to learn English when we're Japanese?!" He shouted, which only caused me to frown. "School! That's why!" I argued, as Suga-kun and Hinata-kun approached us from afar. He slouched in his spot, his hands stuffed into his pockets.

"That's the worst answer I think I've ever heard." He mumbled, as I frowned at his bitter expression. "Well, it's the answer you're getting." I remarked, as the two boys finally stopped before us.

"What are you guys arguing about this time?" The carrot asked, causing Suga-kun to stifle a laugh. "School." I replied, as the four of us turned to the street.

"Oh! The exams—(Y/n) teach me!" Hinata-kun dragged out his words, clinging onto the sleeve of my sweatshirt roughly. I lost my balance slightly at the sudden shift in weight, but managed to stay on my feet.

"Yeah! We could study together like we used to!" Suga-kun chimed in, and I could only nod along. "Sure.. every weekend until the exams?" I quizzed, glancing to Tobio, who seemed slightly annoyed. I wonder what his problem is. The two other boys immediately celebrated, as Carrot-kun let go of my arm.

—~~—~~Saturday~~—~~—

Ding dong!

I glanced over to the front door, then back to the pot of pork curry. I sighed, tearing myself away from it for a few moments. I raced to the door, my cooking apron restricting my movements slightly.

Before I could reach the knob, the door swung open, and Tobio walked through arrogantly. His eyes landed on me, as he shut the door behind him. "You took too long." He bleated, as I huffed in return and walked back to the kitchen.