[ t h i r t e e n ]

t h i r t e e n
i n f e c t e d

THEY WERE ALL IN THE LOCKER ROOMS, WATCHING HOW SCOTT'S EYES KEPT TURNING ON AND OFF, LIKE A LIGHT BULB

"Still happening," told him Yukimura before they all looked towards Malia.

"I can't make them grow back," she mentioned, referring to her nails.

Amelia glanced towards Isaac and the guy showed them his smile, showing the fangs.

"Same," he whispered before closing his mouth again.

"Obviously the virus is affecting the three of you in a way it won't hit any human big," said Yukimura and Stiles intervened.

"You guys have to stay out of sight. We have to quarantine you... from the quarantine."

Dahlia nodded. "Yeah but where? I mean, what if they get violent? Like on a full moon. I didn't bring my sword."

Scott spoke as he stared to the ground. "We shouldn't stay in here. Not in the locker room."

"A classroom is not going to hold us," mentioned Isaac as he tried to keep his mouth opened. "It hurts..." he whispered.

"What about the basement?" Offered Kira.

"Too many ways out," said Scott. "We need something secure. Somewhere nobody can find us."

Stiles looked up. "The vault." Amelia glanced towards him. "The Hale vault."

"The Hales always have an escape route," told Amelia. "Like their house... there has to be another way in."

• • •

Stiles opened the plans of the school on Coach's desk.

"This is where the school sign is, so the vault's should be right about here." He pointed with his finger somewhere else in the map.

"I suppose if there's a second entrance, it would probably be accessible from the basement."

Amelia looked up from the plans towards the door, noticing a figure standing there. She blinked a few times, but it was gone.

Gone...

"It's probably somewhere in this hallway," said Stiles, pointing at one of the aisles of the basement. "West corridor."

He went to point at something when he tripped, almost passing out.

Amelia quickly grabbed him, making him stand up as he blinked quickly, looking at Amelia.

"Whoa," he whispered.

Amelia lifted the sleeve of her boyfriend's jacket, gasping when she saw the red marks.

"It's happening to you too," she whispered.

"You're getting sick." Amelia looked up from her boyfriend to glance towards Yukimura. "You all are."