[ s e v e n t e e n ]

s e v e n t e e n
b o n f i r e

s e v e n t e e nb o n f i r e

"TRY MADDY. IT'S GOT TO BE MADDY."

"Doesn't Maddy feel a little obvious as a cipher key?" Asked Amelia to her boyfriend as she was laying on the bed, looking at the ceiling, while Lydia was sitting in front of her laptop with Stiles and Lizzie standing behind her.

"Don't listen to her," Stiles told Lydia, making Amelia frown and sit down, placing her elbows on the bed to look at her boyfriend. "I guarantee it's Maddy."

As Lydia typed, Amelia couldn't help but to ask. "Why shouldn't she listen to me?"

"Agh, uhm... I love you," was the thing he replied, without even looking at her, his eyes glued to the screen.

When she heard the sound, she knew it wasn't Maddy.

"Okay, your name," Stiles told Lydia. "She left the code for you, right? So it's got to be your name."

Amelia heard the beep after Lydia typed. Not, it wasn't.

"Your mom's name?" Offered Lizzie.

The beep again.

"Do you have any beloved family pets?"

Amelia looked towards her boyfriend again as soon as she heard him.

"Oh, God," she whispered before letting herself fall on the bed again, closing her eyes in frustration.

When she opened them, she saw someone on top of her.

Allison.

Allison with a dagger.

Allison with a dagger about to stab her.

And she screamed.

"Amelia!" Yelled Stiles as she approached the girl, placing his hand on her back as she sat down, panting. "Amelia, breathe..."

But she couldn't. It was so real, it was so real. She was there. She was there. It was so real.

"Ames, you're having a panic attack, you need to breathe." But she couldn't. "Amelia, breathe. Ames..."

Amelia stared at him in panic as he tried to help her control her breathing again. She looked so scared, and her eyes started glowing as she was trying to stay calm.

"What happened to her?" Lydia questioned as Lizzie approached her sister.

"I don't know," whispered Stiles as she held on to his hands. "But something scared the hell out of her."

Not something... someone.

• • •

Amelia was sleeping on Stiles's bed as the other three kept trying to figure out the cipher key.